"Oh that" the sly look was back on his face "I was talking about how you've spent a lot of time with Hope lately. I thought you two had finally gotten together, I see I was right "

Josie hated the fact that she couldn't help but feel a little disappointed as she explained him the situation with Hope.

"Hope and I are not together"

He looked at her stomach in disbelief

"The evidence points to the contrary, Jo"

She rolled her eyes.

"It's a long story, one that I'm not going to tell you in front of the whole school. You'll have to wait for us to return to the room"

She took a step forward, but was stopped by the vampire's hand on her arm. She looks up to see the serious expression he wore, one that said he still believed in good people and happy endings. It was that sincerity that made him so good for her sister. He hugs her gently.

"Well, whatever the story is, I'm so happy for you, Josie"

She wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

"Thank you MG"

Penelope watched Josie in the kitchen making some tea, her hand on her belly and a secret smile on her face. She hesitated to approach.

"Hey Jojo, can we talk?"

Josie looked at her silently, resigning herself to an awkward argument, nodded.

"Yes, but let's go up"

"yes"

Penelope followed her back to her room. Josie settled into her bed, making sure to put a pillow behind her back. It had started to hurt at the end of the day and was trying to do everything to avoid it.

"how are you?" the short-haired witch asked.

"I'm fine, a little sick, but the tea helps," she indicated raising her cup.

Then they fell in silence.

"I heard that Hope, is the other parent" began Penelope "is she helping you? was she happy when you told her? "

Josie sighed, she had come to the real reason for this conversation, Penelope wanted to know if she and Hope were together.

"She was pretty scared when she found out, we both were. But now that she's had time to get used to it, yeah, I think she's happy. You know how important family is to the Mikaelsons "

"and you are happy?"

"That is not what you want to know, is it?"

"Are you and Hope together?" Penelope asked bluntly.

"No," Josie replied, knowing how much regret was heard in her tone.

"then how?" She gestured toward Josie's belly.

"I ended up pregnant?" she smiled "it's easy if you combine, slugs that lower your inhibitions and a bit of tribrid magic and a long short story, here we are"

Penelope saw the small bump sticking out of Josie's shirt.

"Look Pen, Hope and I were friends and now we are a kind of family. Beyond that I don't know" Penelope's eyes gleamed hopefully " but that doesn't change the fact that you broke up with me, breaking my heart in the process "

"Jojo, I had my reasons ..."

"I'm sure of it" she interrupted "everyone has them. They were probably good reasons. But I can't do this with you anymore and I think you know it "