𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑. 𝟑𝟏

En başından başla

I mean I knew that my Mom would've said all that a lot gentler but my Aunt had some sort of filter to make it sound much more...embarrassing for me and Josh. But at least she didn't know about the white lies. Mom had my back.

"Well it's...a bit more complicated than that but - that's one way to put it" I said with defeat but she then walked over to me and rubbed my back encouragingly.

"Hun, it might be complicated but have you guys even tried to speak to each other, I mean you can't just ditch the boy you brought here - "

"Okay technically I didn't! He brought himself into this mess I didn't ask him to meet with you so he could perform - now I'm just doing my unpaid job before he does his paid gig and we can go our separate ways."

"I feel like both of you talk about each other to everyone on earth, except each other." she queried and I was about to interrupt with another defense, but I fell short.

"I'm gonna find Blaire okay? We'll come back with Jordan" I announced, and I was about to walk out. I was clearly irritated, but it was only because she was too correct, and I wasn't in the mood to confront how maybe both of us were truly just cowards.

"Hey hey hey" she rushed as she tapped my shoulder, "You know I say this 'cause I love ya, and we love a niece that's self-aware," she joked and I had to let out a chuckle.

"No I know, I'll see you later?" I ask and she nodded, but then she quickly handed me a few sticks of gum which I happily took. I mean I could only take her in doses, but Aunt Gwen was always a breath of fresh air, an irreplaceable one.

I walked down several halls, chewing on gum, on the lookout for my best friend and soon found her in an empty event room, giggling with Olivia as they played the piano. There was a part of me that just wanted to leave them alone so they could get to know each other; every comment that Boba made on Olivia's laugh, grace and talent flooded in my mind - and I wasn't mad if they were finally getting that time. But there was a bigger part of me that was getting suffocated with this hall...they could get to know each other tonight.

I knocked on the door and it took an extra loud knock for them to hear me, I legitimately felt like I was interrupting a date. I made a mental note to tease the shit out of Blaire on our way home.

"Sorry to interrupt but I really gotta get outta here and look like a princess or I'm gonna explode." I teased and they both laughed. The girls looked at each other before standing up and walking to me.

"Okay let's go I'm fucking excited, Liv is gonna do a cute Mulan inspired moment" Blaire said with glee in her tone. I looked over to Olivia and she just watched as my best friend spoke.

"Yeah and oh my gosh Addie this place looks amazing, I mean I wanted to help but I didn't wanna mess anything up - "

"Uh - yeah same." Boba interjected and I smirked over to her. Yeah it was not that she was a little lazy, and that she wanted to spend time with this girl, of course not.

"It's okay guys, it's pretty much done, even though I keep helicoptering over everything to...distract myself" I replied and they both gave me a slight frown.

"Tonight's gonna be fun okay, and y'all are on your way to your money goal, now let's go I need to to fix your sweaty face!" Blaire exclaimed and I forced a smile. The girls across from me had their own moment to say goodbye and then Blaire was ready to leave, however Olivia held onto my wrist.

"Uh, actually before you guys go c-could I talk to you for a second?" she looked to me with nervous eyes. I nodded with my own concern very apparent.

"I'll just wait by the car, plus there's a hotdog cart down the street and it's been one hour since my last meal" she added, and we all laughed heartily. She walked out and I turned back to Liv, she seemed like she was convincing herself to even speak.