Part 1: America and Maxon continuation

Zacznij od początku

But today, I see a sparkle in his eye that I missed. I see hope and happiness and a child-like taste for adventure.

"I love you so much, Maxon. You know that, don't you?" I pull him close to me and rest my head on his chest.

He holds me tight as he murmurs, "I could never forget it, because I love you the same." He squeezes me one last time before saying, "Now. I have to prepare for tomorrow, if you're still okay with that?"

"Of course I am. I'll go let Amberly know she'll be ruling for the next..."

"Three weeks?"

"Sure. Three weeks." I kiss his forehead and walk out of the room, beaming.

---

As I step out of the car, I am immediately in awe of the breathtaking view in front of me. I take a few steps forward, the warm sand covering my toes and the breeze flowing through my hair. I take a deep breath in and instantly feel at peace.

"Do you like it here, my beautiful wife?" Maxon comes up behind me and hugs me as the chauffeur drives the car away.

"It's beautiful, Maxon. How did you find this place? Where even are we?"

We begin to walk forward before he responds. "It's a little hidden beach on the coast, not too far from the palace, but far enough. Very private... especially since I rented the place entirely for us for the next three weeks." He laughs. "This was where my parents had their honeymoon, actually. My mother told me about it before my selection. She made me promise to take my future wife here one day."

I look over at him and find him staring at the water, a ghost of a smile on his face, a hint of pain in his eyes.

"You kept your promise," I whisper in his ear. I wait another moment before dragging him into the water, gasping at the cold waves splashing against my ankle.

"Hey!" he exclaimed, laughing and attempting to remain upright as I pull him further in. "Not fair!"

When he is finally able to overpower me, he lifts me up and then drops me gently in the water. I cry out as the freezing water hits my back, scrunching my nose at him. "You'll pay for that!"

"I'm sure I will," he says playfully. Before I have the chance to pull him down, he drops down next to me, soaking himself in the process. And the next thing I know, he's kissing me, and I'm kissing him back. Passionately, intensely, longingly. His hands move to my back, pulling me closer with every passing second. His kisses travel down my face to my neck, and I bite my lip.

"Shall we take this inside?" I ask, breathing heavily, feeling his breath on my chest.

"I like the sound of that, my dear." He lifts me in the air effortlessly, bridal style, and starts running towards the beach house on the other side of the sand. I laugh freely and hold on tight, feeling just like I did when I was 18. And even more in love.

- TWO WEEKS LATER - 

"What's going on, is everything all right?"

I roll over in bed to see Maxon sitting up, talking on the phone, looking concerned.

"Maxon? What's happening? It's..." I pause, looking at the clock. "It's 3 in the morning."