"Let's just... pretend we are together for the day because I cannot tolerate my mother's yelling and disappointment in my graduation." Peyton nodded. "Why am I shaking?"

"Hey, you are gonna do fine. Your speech is going to be great."

"Who came up with the idea that the valedictorian should make the speech? That's... stupid. I didn't even want to be valedictorian. When they told me, Carrie almost kills me."

"You are gonna do fine. Let's go." Both got out of the car.

Luke was trembling. This was his last day in Los Feliz High School. That was important. There he met his friends. He saw his band grow, then fall and then grow again in those buildings.

As soon as he saw Peyton's hand grab his, suddenly all those thoughts faded away, now only focusing on Peyton's skin touching his. His eyes were focused there, and still where when Peyton dragged him towards the rest of the group.

"The valedictorian is here!" Yelled Willie as he hugged Luke by the shoulders. "How are you valedictorian again?"

"Shut up," he mumbled, making everyone smile. "Is it too late to give the title to Carrie?"

"Yeah, it is," replied Carrie as she appeared behind them. Luke smiled at her. "The damage is already done. You can begin apologizing by telling me how cute I look."

Luke smiled. "You look amazing. Give us a twirl." The girl did it and everyone cheered her. "You look like Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality."

"Well thank you very much, Luke."

"Should we get in before they give you your diplomas?"

Everyone nodded and they walked inside the building. Luke was still holding tight Peyton's hand as they followed their friends.

Julie, Flynn and Ella separated from them, walking towards the chairs while they walked towards the line of graduates.

"I'm so anxious to hear Luke's speech." Said Carrie to Peyton. They were next to each other on the line. Carrie was wearing again some high heels Cristina Aguilera would be envious about, and Peyton had to look up to talk to her. "Have you heard it?"

"No, he... he kept it to himself. I think that's good, you know?" She nodded. "His parents think we are still dating."

"No way, why?"

"He hasn't told them otherwise. He asked me if we could just pretend for today and I agreed."

"And you aren't comfortable with it?" She shrugged.

"I don't know... I would jump from a moving bus for him. Pretending for day that we didn't break each other's hearts it's the equal to jumping to death. For him, I'll do it."

Luke had Reggie behind him and Alex in front. He was nervous. He was only staring at the piece of paper, repeating in silence his speech. What happens if he forgets it? What happens if he falls?

"Luke, you'll do fine. Stop shaking," said Alex as he took the sheet from him and kept it in his pocket. Luke tried to get it back but Reggie stopped him. "Worry about something else."