The upturned bike caused the other one to swerve wildly and while I was reloading hastily the two men leapt out shouting in a rough language I'd never heard before. The driver of the other bike had pulled out his AK and was hastily trying to aim but Hannah had gathered her wits and from the ground shot at him with her pistol. From her low angle she couldn't kill him however and the soldier merely flinched as the round glanced off his rifle and he ducked behind his bike.

The soldier in the sidecar however had pulled out a chunky radio during the chaos and was now shouting into the mouthpiece. "Oh no you fuckin don't!!" I growled and after wrenching back the charging handle of my rifle I fitted the soldiers forehead in my sight before drilling a 5.56 round into his brain abruptly ending what was obviously a call for help.

I quickly advanced forward towards the other bike before the other soldier could emerge but just before I could look over the bike the man straightened up to look me straight in the face. For a moment time was incredibly slow and I looked into the eyes of the soldier and and all I could feel was hatred, but from within the soldiers eyes I saw hatred but I also saw fear.

Fear of me.

My rifle spat, and the soldier was thrown back, his uniform now stained brown by his blood. I looked at the corpse for a while contemplating the emotion I just saw in his eyes, genuine fear. However fear gripped me as I heard Hannah scream from behind me, I whipped around rifle poised for the kill to see something that really did scare me.

The soldier that was in the first sidecar had snuck up on Hannah and was now clutching her by her hair roughly, holding a revolver to the side of her head. Hannah's pistol and helmet lay on the ground a few feet away and the soldiers face was bloodied and cut from being thrown out of the sidecar.

"YOU NO SHOOT!!" He yelled in broken, almost unintelligible English. He gestured for me to put my rifle down with his head and when I hesitated he violently shook Hannah who yelled out in pain. "ALRIGHT!" I shouted and with one arm in the air I carefully placed by rifle onto the ground next to me.

Hannah was shaking a little now with fear as I slowly straightened up looking straight into the man's eyes. The soldier spat blood onto the ground before grinning wickedly at me, his crooked teeth red with his blood and now rage began to seep into my fear. He then pointed his revolver at me to make sure I didn't do anything before suddenly pulling a madly struggling Hannah closer to him.

"You, good" he rasped feverishly as he clutched Hannah and now my rage was steadily building up within me as Hannah began to weep. Then he turned his attention back to me, "I kill now" he said with an evil grin and he pulled back the hammer of the revolver.

"Oh really?" I said calmly and as I looked into the scum's eyes I once again saw fear and this time it was palpable as his evil grin faltered. How dare he hurt my friend like that, how DARE he threaten me. My rage was now complete, all consuming and with relish I slowly began to close my open hand.

Suddenly the man screamed, he instantly released Hannah and dropped his gun onto the ground. Hannah leapt away from him but watched in horrified fascination as she saw that his helmet was slowly crushing in on itself. I relished the feeling as slowly I compressed his helmet, squeezed his head and listened as his screams grew louder and he struggled frantically with his helmet.

Slowly the metal made crumpling crunching noises and blood began to seep from beneath the metal before finally with a ear splitting howl from the man his head was crushed in one fast movement as the helmet folded in on itself. Blood sprayed onto the ground and the kneeling body of the man knelt twitching for a moment before collapsing onto it's side.

For a moment there was silence before Hannah let out a sob and ran towards me. For a moment all Hannah could do was clutch my chest and cry and I was still too dazed to say anything. Slowly I came to my senses however and patted Hannah softly on her back. For a moment we stood there Hannah crying and I was staring. "It's okay now" I managed looking down at Hannah who had calmed down a little now. She looked up her face tear streaked but looking grim, "Don't let that happen again" she uttered and I almost had to hold back a smile as I replied "Sure...Sorry...".