PART 1 - Welcome to Chicago

"Y/N, darling your mother and i need to talk to you....about something." I look up at my parents as they come into my room, sitting down on my bed, patting a spot for me to sit in the middle. I sit down and my dad silently looks at my mum. "Should i tell her Charles?" she says ,  looking  at my father as he tries  to swallow the lump in his throat. For once, THE  Charles Luciano is nervous. He nods and my mother sighs. "Y/n. your father has been chatting to an old friend of his and this Prohibition...has taken a toll on us all and we figured that it might be a good idea to....uh, move to Chicago to help Mr. Capone with what's going been going in light of...recent events. I know we've always called New Jersey home sweetie, but it's  time for a change." My parents looked at me,  expecting me to cry. I just looked at them. "When do we move?" was my only sentence. My father looked at me." Tomorrow morning. We're leaving tomorrow morning"

~time skip to the next day~

The eleven hour drive to our new home was uneventful. Eleven hours and twenty - seven minutes spent sitting in my father's Cadillac. I fell asleep after 4 minutes into the trip. The moving truck  left with our stuff yesterday so our house is already set up. From what mum's told me, there's going to be other kids my age. I wonder if Mr. Capone has a son?. I begin to wonder a whole lot of stuff, thoughts come zipping in and out of my mind like a video tape. We arrive at our new house around lunch - time. It's a large brick house with a nice yard the porch wraps around to the back door, there's a small hedge next to the fence and a large oak tree in the backyard. I smile and stretch my legs, happy to be out of the car. My mother smiles at me. "good afternoon sleepyhead". My dad is standing on the porch, trying to find the right key for the door, he's having trouble and my mother goes to assist him. when the doors opened, we go inside and find all of our boxes of stuff still packed put in the room that matches the description on the boxes.  "They told us they UNPACKED! They SAID they had organised it!" Dad and i look at mum, who's having a miniature panic attack.  Mum is in another one of her 'moods ' - dad's words, kind of mine-.  Whenever she gets like this, dad's the only person who can calm her down. mum is too tired to cook and we'll unpack tomorrow. So, for tonight , Dinner is Asian take - away from a restaurant situated down the street from our house. 

It's late and i go up to bed, hoping that we'll have this house organised by tomorrow, i'm wondering if i'll make any friends tomorrow. Sleep washes over me and i lay back, eyes closed, a small smile on my face.

SO sorry for the long ass chapter. hope you enjoyed.

slang will be introduced in next chapter or the 3rd chapter....