Chapter 2: Every Day's A Brand New Day

The time was six-thirty in the morning, and Phineas Flynn was having a rude awakening. All night he had been tossing and turning, unable to sleep due to the revelations contained within Isabella's letter for him. How could he have mistreated her so poorly? How could he have not picked up her advances? Phineas hated to admit it, but he felt...sad. The last time he was this emotionally upset was when he was stranded on the island after the Sun Beater 3000 crashed.

A situation which Isabella had brought him out of.

Just as Phineas was about to continue moping in his head, he heard the sound of a door opening. Getting up, he noticed Candace was walking to the bathroom. This was nothing unusual for him: Candace often woke up early to get a head start on busting her brothers, something which Phineas still didn't understand to this day. As Phineas got back into bed, he looked towards Ferb's bed, sighing to himself. Maybe he did need to talk to someone about the letter. However, Phineas was unsure if Ferb would be the right person to bring it up to. Ferb was moreso a man of action, not so much words. Deep down, Phineas knew he had to talk to someone who was in a relationship currently.

And that someone was walking back into their bedroom from the bathroom.

After nearly eleven hours of nonstop planning, building, and the occasional mistake, Heinz Doofenshmirtz was almost finished the supercomputer. As he revised the blueprints, one thing came to mind.

"Crap, I need a...a restraining bolt. Norm, can I borrow your restraining bolt?"

"You said you were too cheap to buy me one!"

Heinz planted the palm of his hand right onto his face.

Right, that was the week where Charlene's alimony cheque came in late. I'd need to buy one when the store opens in-wait a minute. I can just use Norm as the core of the computer and add to his processing power! It's not like he'll turn on me any time soon. Heinz, you're a genius!

Heinz quickly made a few modifications to the computer's core, before finishing his work and beckoning Norm over. Before him stood a large, Norm-shaped hole in the core.

"Norm, head on in here. Do Heinz a favor old buddy."

"Yes sir!"

Norm immediately walked into the computer, before having the wires and cables immediately connect to his body. As the computer turned on, Heinz grinned before hearing a familiar voice.

"I feel so much smarter sir!"

"Good Norm, good. Do a scan of the Tri-State Area."

Norm began emitting red beams across the sky as they spun around the Tri-State Area, analyzing it and collecting data. Norm's face seemed to be in a trance as it did so.

"Gathering data from all objects and habitants. Computing all logical outcome of all events."

Candace sat on her bed, scrolling through social media on her phone, something she usually did if Phineas and Ferb hadn't woken up yet. Then, she heard a knock as her door slowly opened.

"Hey Candace, you got a minute?"

Candace looked to her door to see Phineas standing by in his pyjamas, sighing to herself. Was he working on his next bustable project already? However, before she could ask him what he was doing, Candace noticed that something seemed...off about Phineas. He lacked his usual happy expression, which was replaced with a more somber one.

"Yeah, sure."

Phineas opened the door before closing it and sitting on Candace's bed next to her.