My Love from the Star

Wearing her mask, she followed Manager Ryu to the carpark where he led her to the car. Usually, Manager Ryu would open the door for her, but today, he took a step back, because someone had texted him earlier not to spoil the surprise.

When she opened the door, she was surprised to see Soo Hyun with a big bouquet of flowers.

"For my one and only 'Popular Actress', yesterday, today and forevermore."

Her beautiful eye smile made his heart flutter. He would do anything to see her smile.

"Thank you! It's beautiful!" Ye Ji held the bouquet and took his hand that helped her into the car. Smelling the flowers, she felt so loved, so thankful for a boyfriend like Soo Hyun. He never brought up the almost fateful incident that happened and wanted her to enjoy the rest of the night.

"Where are we heading to now?" she asked.

"I've got a surprise waiting for you... You'd just have to follow me," he said with a cheeky smile, excited to see her reaction when the surprises for the night unfolds.

Unbeknownst to Ye Ji, Soo Hyun had flown her family to Busan and worked with Manager Ryu to clear her schedule till the weekend so that she could spend the next few days in Busan with her family. Unfortunately, Soo Hyun would have to fly back the next day to prepare for his new CF.

He had booked the suite at The Westin Chosun, one of Busan's most luxurious hotels that was right by the beautiful Haeundae beach. Ye Ji loved beautiful naturistic sceneries and he was sure that she would fall in love with the place instantly.

He leaned over, clasp their hands together and caressed her hand. She looked at him with love in her eyes and thought about how blessed she was to have him as her boyfriend. At that moment, whatever bad incident that happened earlier seem to dissipate. He cleared her worries and troubles.

"I saw you whispering something after you made your speech, but the microphone did not pick up what you said. What was it that you whispered before leaving the stage?" asked Soo Hyun. It was very unlike Ye Ji to do that as she would often head backstage right after saying her speech, but this time, she lingered a while more which made Soo Hyun wonder if it was a technical error.

Looking at him with a gleam in her eye, she replied, "It was a message to my love from the star." He raised his eyebrow, knowing what she was implying and pushed for her to say more. But she enjoyed teasing him, keeping him in suspense and obviously having the upper hand by holding this information from him.

Though she couldn't say it out loud, she wanted to say it on stage while holding the award, to thank him from her heart for what he had done for her through the years.

*Flashback*

From the first time they met in 2014 to film the commercial 'Pudding Kiss', to filming 'It's Okay To Not Be Okay' in 2020, he had been silently helping her behind the scenes.

It was only after he enlisted into the military, that she realised how much he meant to her. Soo Hyun could not text her as much as he used to or meet up as easily when he was in the military. As the saying goes, absence makes the heart fonder, and that made Ye Ji think about where their relationship was heading.

When he completed his military service and made a change to Gold Medalist, it was easy to convince Ye Ji to join him, purely because she trusted him. Shortly after, when he confessed his love for her, promising to protect and take care of her, she accepted his love and started a relationship with him.

Soo Hyun knew that Ye Ji was not someone who trusted in others easily. He was glad that through the years, he was able to earn her trust and he was ready to value his relationship with her, being there for her through good and bad times.

*End of Flashback*

Note: This chapter was inspired by the song 'Sky full of Stars' by Coldplay

'Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars
I'm gonna give you my heart
'Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars
'Cause you light up the path

I don't care, go on and tear me apart
I don't care if you do ooh ooh
'Cause in a sky, 'cause in a sky full of stars
I think I saw you

'Cause you're a sky, you're a sky full of stars
Such a heavenly view
You're such a heavenly view

Note: Hello friends, hope you enjoyed another chapter of this short series. I enjoyed writing this chapter, having SYJ tease KSH and him preparing surprises one after another, just for her. I'm looking forward to posting chapter 6 and have been working towards this peak. Meanwhile, enjoy Chap 5 - My Love from the Star.

On a side note, I just found out about MC Park Ji Sun's death. RIP. Chapter 5 is dedicated to her.
I hope KSH is comforting SYJ about this, knowing that she may be shaken about this. KSH has been through losing Sulli, he knows how it feels. He will be able to get through this as well.
#mentalhealthisimportant!