Chapter 1: The Kat's back

Chapter 1: The Kat’s back       

Anyone here ever heard the saying curiosity killed a Cat. If not you have now, some people I know have told me that should be my motto. Probably just because most people call me Kat, so they say curiosity killed a Kat.

Oh sorry I haven’t introduced myself yet have I; I’m Katerina Blake I recently just moved back to central city after been gone for 7 years. I left straight after high school and went to college, I went to two because I left the first one but I still made a friend.

I haven’t been back in 7 years; I luckily kept in contact with two of my friends. Iris West and Barry Allen, I became friends with both when I saw Barry being bullied and I stood up for him. He was always my nerdy best friend who I love and I still do. We text and call as often as we can, but it is hard, we understand each other’s nerdy ways.

She knew of Barry’s crush on Irish and always felt jealous of her because of it. Although she still stayed friends with Iris and always put her feelings aside to try and help Barry to get with Iris.

I’m also friends with Caitlin snow a person; I am now working with which I’m excited about at Star labs. We have met serval times we are also the complete opposite, but still really good friends. I’m also friends with Cisco, he’s pretty fun and funny plus I’m also going to be working with him as well which is going to be fun.

I’m also excited that I got a small part time job as Barry’s assistant at the police department, which I start tomorrow. But tonight I go into Star labs to see what I have been putting my time and effort into for particle accelerator. I have been working on that while not actually being there, I send in my status reports and calculations and they do it all there, which is pretty amazing.

 I am currently in a cab driving to my new apartment, I’m pretty was used to living alone but sometimes I feel too alone.

‘God I need a boyfriend’ I texted Barry.

‘Then get one Kat,’ he replied straight away just like always.

‘Are you forgetting curiosity kills a Kat,’ I texted, I may be curios in some things but boys aren’t one of them, I have been trained since I was able to walk on how to defend myself. By my uncle who is a secret agent and he still is even if he is old.

‘You’re not dead yet Kat,’ he texted back she smiled at how he always knew what to say even if it was something stupid.

The cab stopped and she looked out to see that she had arrived. She then looked at her phone one more time to see that Barry should already be at work. Oh god he forgot now he’s going to be late, better tell.

‘Barry, you have a job don’t lose it.’ I sent hoping he would get the idea.

‘I’m already late thanks for the reminder Kat, hopefully see you soon.’ He sent back to me and I smiled as I read it hoping that I do get to see him soon.

The cab driver then pulled up at my new apartment. I paid the driver and got my suitcase out and put it on the side walk and kind of just stood there for a while. My phone then began to ring I looked at it and saw Felicity was calling me.

“Hey Felicity, how’s my favourite blonde hacker,” I said into the phone knowing she hates when people call her that.

“Don’t call me that Kat, but I’m doing fine, I was just calling to see if you got to Central City okay,” Felicity said.

“I just got out of the cab, and am currently standing on the side walk out the front of my apartment.” I said and then grabbed my suitcase and starting walking into the apartment building.