t w e n t y - t h r e e

Začať od začiatku

"You like it." He grinned and pressed his lips against hers, giving her a quick but sensual kiss. "Come on, I'm taking you for lunch." He tugged her away, only giving her just enough time to allow her to call out to Charlotte to tell her what they were doing.

Obviously the young secretary had hearing problems because she replied back with the words 'use protection' extremely loudly.

Ana giggled at something Aaron said as he took a bite of the burger he was having. The two of them had situated themselves in a quaint diner surprisingly near to the hospital. Ana thought they were going back to the café he'd taken her the first time he showed up at her work after asking for a date, but when he drove them their, she instantly fell in love.

With the diner ... she was already in love with the man. That had been established.

"I was thinking we go away for a weekend. Take some time of to spend time with each other." He told her.

She burst into a smile, her while face lighting up at his words. "That sounds like a great idea. But with me almost always stuck at the hospital and you out on cases, you think we'll find the time?"

Aaron nodded, anticipating this question. "We take a weekends leave and go off the grid. I want to spend time with you, I'm going to make sure that happens." He said sincerely, gazing deeply into her soft eyes.

She blushed and lightly traced patterns on his hand, the one that was gripping his lightly from across the table. "Then I look forward to it." As soon as she finished her sentence, her phone started ringing.

Aaron watched as her lip jutted out in the cutest manner as she answered the call. He smiled unconsciously as he watched her speak into the phone, switching from loving girlfriend to super serious doctor in seconds. When she got off the phone, she looked at him with sad eyes.

"Emergency consult." She mumbled heavily.

He was going to reply when his phone dinged with a text message. It was from Penelope and said: Crime fighters unite! We're going to Kentucky. Aaron groaned, wishing he could spend more time with Ana.

"Where?" She asked, a small smile forming on her face.

He sighed, "Kentucky." He waved the waitress over and paid the bill, choosing to ignore Ana's fussing over trying to pay it herself and instead promising her she could get it next time.

They stood up and she laced her fingers through hers as they walked out of the diner. She drive to the hospital was short and the silence displayed from the two of them was filled by soft jazz emitting from the radio.

When they got back to the hospital, Aaron parked and hopped out to open the door for Ana, helping her out and closing it behind her. Her hands slid down to his waist as she held him close to her.

"So save some lives." She grinned.

He held her face in between his rough hands, smiling lovingly down at her. "I could say the same to you." He leaned forward and kissed her passionately, feeling her grip tighten at the spot above the side of the waistband of his pants as he swiped his tongue sneakily over her bottom lip.

Their lungs burned for air a few minutes later and they pulled apart, gasping slightly as they said goodbye to each other. His case would probably last three to six days and she wasn't not going to kiss him if it was the last time she was going to see him in a few days.

"I love you." He whispered.

She brushed her nose against his, smiling widely. "I love you too."

She waved at him as he drove away, already determined to solve this case so that he could come back to her in the least amount of time possible.

"What happened?" Dr Pierce asked as she rushed into trauma room one, slipping on some gloves and rushing towards the thrashing, screaming patient.

One of the surgical residents rushed towards her, intent on catching the doctor up. "It appears that he tried to chop his own foot off. Almost successfully too, we need to get him into surgery otherwise he's going to bleed out."

Dr Pierce nodded, "I'll make this quick then." She walked around to where his head was, he had a clear view of her face above him. "Hi, I'm Dr Pierce. What's your name?"

"Trent." He replied, his breathing heavy and his eyes open wide as he stared up at the woman asking him questions.

"Trent. I need you to tell me why you tried to cut your foot off. Could you do that for me?"

He nodded, looking down at his leg. It was like something switched in his brain because as soon as he saw the bloody mess, he started thrashing about and screaming. "GET IF OFF ME. GET IT OFF." He screamed, trying to sit up so that he could claw at his leg.

It took four residents to hold him down. The trauma surgeon leaned over to Dr Pierce. "We need to get him to the OR now."

"Are you going to amputate?" She asked him, nodding as she walked with them out of the trauma room. The trauma surgeon nodded.

"He mutilated it. It would be impossible to surgically attach it back to his leg." He replied. "You know what's wrong with him?"

Dr Pierce nodded. "He could have Apotemnophilia. The desire to cut off healthy body parts. There are ways to treat it, but just get him into surgery first."

The surgeon nodded and they made their way up the elevator and to the OR. They ended up amputating his left foot, it wasn't possible to save it anyway.

Ana was back at her office. After her last patient, Trent the suspected apotemnophilia guy, she just wanted to go home. Her daydream of a hot bubble bath and a glass of wine was rudely interrupted by Charlotte at the door with a surprise visitor.

"Dr Pierce, Oliver Jameson is here to see you." Ana announced. She stepped aside and Mr Jameson walked into the room.

"Dr Pierce." He greeted jovially.

Ana stood up and walked to situate herself in front of Oliver. "Mr Jameson. What can I do for you?"

"I heard about your excellent and thorough diagnoses earlier today in the E.R. Wanted to come down myself and tell you personally how much we appreciate you and your skills at this hospital."

Ana gave him a tight lipped smile, feeling a little uneasy. "Thank you."

He nodded and stood straight, saying his goodbyes and leaving her alone in her office. Ana stood there, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. What was the chairman playing at?

"He's going to be a pain in the butt." Charlotte commented as she snuck back into Ana's office.

Ana nodded, silently agreeing with her. New Chairmen's always sucked. "See what you can find out about him."

"On it." Charlie replied, on her way to message the other secretaries. There has got to be something on this man that her trusted group of secretary spies could find. She was sure of it.

I apologize for the spelling errors (if you notice any) I'm super tired but I really wanted to get this chapter up. :)

Hope you're enjoying it!
— J