Chapter 2 - Girlfriend or Acquaintance

Denying. We all did it at some stage in our lives. More often because we didn't want to accept what was in front of us. Once we acknowledged it, it was pretty much set into stone and once it was set into stone, we actually had to face the consequences. 

Lily, my younger sister. She wasn't like other kids in many regards. She was diagnosed with Obsessive-Compulsive-Disorder from a very young age and like most other parents, my parents wanted to deny it. How could there be something wrong with their little angel, it just wasn't fair. So on they went for a while trying to deny all the clearly visible symptoms until it came to much and they had to accept it. 

Acceptance sucks, I tell you.

Now there was a boy named Nathaniel Grey who was stuck in every single thought of mine and no I wasn't going to acknowledge the fact that maybe, just maybe I might have a crush on him. After all, we knew it could never happen. 

It was a chilly Sunday night, I had been here for six days now and my god did Americans love to party. Those movies, books, TV shows, they weren't kidding. In those six days, I had fallen into a routine of being awoken by Kyle and Katie even before the sun was out. Okay I was exaggerating but still pretty early and Nathaniel would chill quietly in the room often laughing along at the commotion. That would be followed by eating breakfast in the cafeteria, then spending the day off campus either shopping, going to local cafes or just hanging around on campus or in one of our dorm rooms. 

Thank god the cafeteria had actual nice food, I wasn't sure how I would be able to last. I made it my aim, that once I settled into my daily college routine, I was going to learn how to cook. The transportation system over here was much more complicated then back in Perth, so I decided to stick with the others while travelling to our daily destinations. 

We went over to Kyle's room quiet a bit and as I guessed correctly, it was an absolute pig-sty! I couldn't imagine what would have happened if he had gotten a neat-freak as a roommate. 

Nathaniel, well he was just a totally different story. Most of the time he was quiet and reserved, he seemed like a very private person but over the week I felt like he was finally opening up with me. His good looks, sometimes funny and witty personality, had me swooning. 

So how did a girl like me get convinced to go to a campus party on the night just before College officially started, well you got a cute boy named Nathaniel to convince you. Don't get me wrong, I loved parties but going to one the night before classes started, didn't seem like a good idea. At all. 

"Come on just wear whatever you girls would usually wear, I don't have all day". Nathaniel spoke, while absentmindedly lying down on Katie's bed and flicking through a copy of 'Black Ice' by Becca Fitzpatrick I had placed on my bedside. 

"Rude. Since you are dragging me along, give me time to think". This boy was so confusing, one minute he was charming and nice and then the next minute you wanted to smack him over the head. 

Before I realised what was happening, Nathaniel walked over to the closet, where I had successfully finished unpacking all my undergarments and clothing and started flicking through my draws. 

"Hey get out of there!" I walked over, smacking him on the arm and ripping the black lacy underwear he had twirling around his finger. He simply snickered and started flipping through the array of clothes I had on the hangers. "I'm serious, what are you even doing?" I demanded.

"Look do you want my help or not. Be quiet", I immediately shut up because at that moment I could do with a little bit of help. Not sure what help he would be though. 

"Here, wear this", he placed gently in my hands a three-quarter dark red off the shoulder top and a tight-fitting black skirt. Wow this boy did have taste. "Not bad huh", he said with a knowing smirk. "You're welcome", he added, tapping my nose and walking past me so I could get changed. 

Love On All Levelsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें