A New Page.

Running. Running. Running. Footsteps grow louder. Splashes of water hit against my ankles as my boots hit puddles. Rain's pouring down hard, as I dash through the dark and quiet night. The Owl's don't move, the moon shines down, my legs feel completely numb. I can't miss it. This is the moment. The moment where-

"Demyx!"

"Huh?!?" My eyes bolted open as I sat up and stared across the room. My roommate tapped his foot at me and sighed.

"C'mon, get up. You can't sleep forever, you know." Roxas chuckled as he stuffed his books into his book bag.

"It's only 10:30! Give me 10 more minutes." I complained as I laid back down and slowly shut my eyes.

"No, come on and get changed. I need to return these books to the library today!" Roxas checked the clock on his bedside table.

"You can go there by yourself, I don't see why you need me to come with." I shook my head as I turned to face away from him.

"You haven't went to the library once and I want you to see it!"

I sat up and sighed at him, as I looked around the room.

"Fine." I smiled at him as I stood up and walked over to my closet.

Roxas quietly cheered to himself in success as I pulled out an outfit for the day from the closet. 

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

Roxas opened the double doors to the library and walked inside, motioning for me to follow. I stepped inside and my eyes widened at what I saw.

The library was enormous. Tall shelves of books, and the smell of fragile pages from old dusty books filled the room. The books were so neatly organized it made me freak out a little on the inside. There was even a second floor to the place, which seemed completely empty.

"I'm gonna go return my books now, feel free to look around." Roxas informed me as he stepped in line for the people checking out and returning books, which seemed pretty long.

I looked around the library, unsure of how I felt about it. Then, I looked over at the staircase to the second floor.

"It couldn't hurt to check it out." I shrugged as I walked over to the staircase and looked up with a small bit of determination.

I walked up the staircase and looked around the second floor. I decided to continue walking forward, my footsteps sounding like tidal waves to the silent area. I continued walking until I reached the wall, and I turned to my left to see someone looking at books.

There was someone a bit shorter than me with steel-blue hair, one of his eyes was completely hidden by his bangs. He seemed to be annoyed, but I still decided to approach him.

"Hey there!" I grinned at him as I approached.

"Hello. This is a library, so please be more considerate of the volume of your voice." He said politely, as he continued to look at the books.

"Yeah, sorry about that... Why are you the only person up here? And... Are you a student?" I asked him a couple of questions, noting his young yet professional look. 

"Yes, I am a student. I mostly stay on this floor of the library when I come here, and everyone knows not to bother me. You must be new." He still looked slightly annoyed, yet he sounded calm.

"Uh... I'm new to the library, yeah. Not the school though. I've just never really cared enough to come here." I admitted with a smirk.

"... You do you."

"I'm Demyx. What's your name?" I've never seen this guy around before, he probably spends most of his time here.

"... Zexion."

"Nice to meet you-"

"Demyx, what are you doing up here?" My eyes darted over to the staircase as I saw Roxas enter the second floor.

"I was just talking with Zexion." I shrugged, not really caring all that much.

"He doesn't like to be bothered. We should go meet up with Axel now. Sorry about this, Zexion." Roxas looked over at the steel-blue haired student who simply nodded at him as he finally removed a book from the shelf he was looking at.

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

"Roxas, Demyx! Over here!" Axel waved us over to a table at our favorite fast food place, as we walked over to him. I sat down next to Axel and Roxas sat across from me.

"Hey, sorry that took a while. The line at the library was long and Demyx ran into Zexion." Roxas apologized to Axel with a small smile.

"It's fine, don't worry about it. Wait, Demyx ran into Zexion?" Axel looked slightly confused.

"It was his first time at the library. I let him look around on his own." Roxas sighed and chuckled a bit.

"Yeah, here's a piece of advice for you. Never bother Vexen, Lexaeus, or Zexion. They're a pretty introverted group of students and they get annoyed easily when they're bothered." Axel informed me. 

"I'm sure they're not completely like that." I thought out loud.

"Yeah, when you either praise them, offer to be Vexen's test subject, or talk about books with Zexion." Roxas mumbled while looking away.

"The first and third things you just said aren't so bad."

"Roxas is kind of friends with Zexion. Maybe he just doesn't want you to talk with him because you're Zexion's complete opposite and it might even screw up his connection with the emo." Axel laughed as he patted my back.

"Opposite? Emo?"

"Axel, I don't think Zexion's emo. Even though he looks like it." Roxas chuckled.

It was like an inside joke I didn't get. Roxas and Axel just kept on trading jokes about Vexen, Lexaeus, and Zexion and those jokes didn't make much sense to me at all. It was kind of like third-wheeling in a way.

"Well anyway, what do you two want to order? I'll pay for us." Axel asked as he checked the time on his phone and he pulled out his wallet to count his cash.