First Dates

~Pippa's POV~

After the show tonight Lin was taking me out to dinner. I'm so excited. I can't wait to see what we're going to do. He's always got some surprise up his sleeve. My phone began to ring in my pocket. It was Lin.
"Hello?"
"Hey Pips how are you?"
"Excited. How about you?"
"Super excited. So I'll see you right after the show and take you to dinner. So meet me on the rolling stairs. 'Kay?"
"Okay see you then Lin."
The call disconnected and I giggle like a school girl for a few minutes and decided to go pick out my outfit for later.
~4 hours later~
I do my final gasp and bow. I quickly run to my dressing room and change. I quickly changed and ran to the rolling stairs and sat somewhere around the middle of the staircase, leaning against the railing. A few minutes later Lin walked out. He sat on the step down from mine and looked up at me.
"Ready to go?" He asked cheerfully.
"I'm ready if you are." I replied sheepishly.
"Well let's get going then." He said standing up, a wide grin plastering his face.
We walk hand in hand out the doors of the Richard Rogers Theater. He leads the way as we walk, just laughing and chatting.
We walk all the way to the park. Lin sits me down on a bench.
"Close your eyes." He directed. I did as he asked and waited. "Alright. Open them."
I slowly opened my eyes and saw that he was holding a picnic basket and a blanket. He slowly spread the blanket out over the grass. Once the blanket was smoothed out on the ground he patted the ground next to him. I sat down crisscrossing my legs. He opened the lid and inside was a bunch of sandwiches and a few bottles of sodas well as some cups.
"I know it's not a five star meal but I thought you might like it. If not we can go somewhere el-"
"No! Lin no I absolutely love it." I quickly cut him off. We ate and drank and talked and just enjoyed each other's company. When it started to get dark we layed down to look at the sky.
"As much as I love New York I wish we could still see the stars." He spoke almost more to himself than to me.
"I agree. I wish there wasn't so much light pollution. It would be nice to see the stars." I whispered. Lin and I had so much in common.
A while later we got up and he walked me to my apartment. When we got to the door he said goodbye, kissed the back of my hand lightly and walked away, every so often throwing a glance over his shoulder.