s2 e12: "kelsey livingston, you are my wildest dream"

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

"of course" kelsey said with a small chuckle before making her way to the daycare.

┊͙♥  ♥  ♥┊͙
"𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞𝐫. 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐬"

kelsey veered with a smile as she walked into the young boy's room.

"no point. i'm gonna die anyway" he nonchalantly said, continuing to play the video game on the small television in his room.

"what did i tell you about saying that?" she sternly scolded as she opened his chart.

"i'm not like the other little peds patients. you don't need to sugarcoat things to me. i'm dying. and nothings going to change that"

"you don't know that. i told you i think my idea could work"

"yeah. you also said you could beat me at madden and still lost terribly"

"hey! no fair, i had just finished an 18 hour shift" kelsey brightly laughed, closing the chart and placing it back on the table in front of the bed.

"doesn't matter. you can't beat me in madden and you can't fix me"

"tyler," she started, sitting next to him on his bed. "i know you don't want to try, so i'm willing to try for you. you could live a full life, go to college, travel the world"

"then i need to get out of here" he said, sitting the remote controller down.

"what? why?"

"because i'm not gonna survive this cancer, and i'm definitely not gonna survive this surgery. and even if i did, what's the point? i'll just go back to some foster home and get ignored until i'm 18, then i'll be living on the streets. i might as well leave while i still have half of a good lung left and see the world" kelsey sighed.

"let's make a bet. WHEN, you survive the surgery, i'll work with social services and help you find a home, a good one. deal?" she said, holding her hand out.

"dr. livingston—"

"deal?" she said once again, raising her eyebrows. tyler sighed.

"deal"

┊͙♥  ♥  ♥┊͙
"𝐡𝐞𝐲. 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬"

jackson said as he walked into kelsey's office and closed the door behind him, sitting a coffee cup on her desk.

"ooo thank you" she said, taking a long sip before sighing.

"you still think this is a good idea?" he asked as he sat on the edge of her desk.

"you don't?"

"i think it's risky"

"it most definitely is but.....the kid is 14, he deserves to go to school and complain about his homework and go to school dances and see the world outside of hospitals. the way he talks he just....he's completely given up on life. i have the chance to give this kid the life he deserves"

"you know you can't save everyone, kelsey"

"but i can save him"

"but what if you can't? you get in there, and the damage is worse than you thought and way beyond repair" kelsey opened her mouth to reply but sighed, looking down at all of the paperwork in front of her.

"i think you're in a little too over your head here, sweetheart" he softly said, moving her hair out of her face and caressing her cheek with his thumb. she looked up at him before down at her pager, immediately hopping up running out of the room.

𝐒𝐀𝐔𝐃𝐀𝐃𝐄 | 𝐉.𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें