ch. 30 || three truths & a lie: pt. 2

Jalissa's POV

Everyone looked at me, and Giovanna smirked. It's the same smirk Jasmine gave me last time I saw her. I low key think they were separated at birth.

I bit down on the inside of my cheek and blinked away the angry tears that threatened to fall.

"Jalissa, is that true?" Colin asked, walking toward me. I looked up at him with watery eyes and nodded. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Well I was going to, but it looks like big mouth beat me to it," I said, getting aggravated.

"Still think Jalissa is 'Little Miss Perfect,' Colin?" Giovanna asked him.

"Please just shut the hell up!" he yelled at her.

"Don't get mad at me because your jealous girlfriend got exposed," she said.

I turned away from Colin to look at Giovanna, and I wanted to rip her throat out. I hadn't felt like this since that day I almost got arrested.

"Jealous? What do I have to be jealous of, Giovanna?"

"Me, my life, my relationship with Tony — take your pick."

"Why would I want Antonio when I have Colin And if we're being honest here, you wouldn't have this life if it weren't for me."

I knew I was about to mess up and tell her the truth about everything, but someone had to knock her off of her high horse.

"What the hell are you talking about?" she asked.

"If it weren't for me, you wouldn't be a Gold Rush dancer. They picked me over you, but I told them to let you have it because unlike you, I actually like you."

"You're lying!"

"Why would I lie about that?" I asked her calmly.

Logan started crying, and I was glad because I was done with this unnecessary drama.

"I'm gonna go check on Logan," I said to Colin.

"That's right. Go get your little mistake," Giovanna spat.

And at that very moment in time, my blood began to boil. I looked at Colin and his jaw was clenched.

"What did you just say?" I asked, walking up to Giovanna.

"You heard exactly what I said."

I didn't know what came over me but the next thing I knew, my fist flew toward Giovanna's face, and she was on the ground.

A friend of mine always told me you're not supposed to get ratchet in front of your man, which is why I didn't fight her. I just went upstairs to the nursery to comfort my child.

✕∘✕∘✕

Colin's POV

"You need to get the hell outta my house," I said to Giovanna.

"Are you serious?! She just hit me!"

"You better be lucky she didn't do anything worse than that," I retorted. "Now get out."

I was only trying to be calm because Jalissa already lost her cool, and both of us didn't need to be mad.

After Giovanna got herself together, she left. I went upstairs to the nursery and knocked on the door.

Jalissa opened the door and poked her head out. "I'm not going back down there, and I am not apologizing."

"I'm not asking you to, and she's gone. But you know we still need to talk, right?"

"Do we have to?" she asked.

I somehow managed to laugh at her because even though she was mad, she was still adorable.

"Yes, we do."

"Fine."

She went back in the nursery and closed the door. I heard some shuffling, then she appeared in the doorway holding Logan.

We went back downstairs with Michael & Melanie, where Logan crawled to Michael.

"So, what do we need to talk about?" Jalissa asked, dancing around the question.

"You know what. Why were you arrested?" I asked.

"I got in a fight with this girl, and she almost died," she said slowly with a shrug.

My eyes widened because I didn't believe Jalissa was capable of such a thing.

"Wh...what happened?"

She took a deep breath then let it out. "When I was a freshman in high school, she bullied me for being smart & quiet and I got sick of it, so we got in a fight. Her parents wanted to press charges but when they found out their daughter was a bully, they dropped the charges."

I thought she did something horrible but now that I hear the story, it didn't seem so bad.

"I wanted to tell you because I didn't want you to find out like this," she said, holding her head down. "I don't want your opinion of me to change. I don't want you to think I'm crazy."

I moved closer to her and wrapped my arm around her shoulders. "My opinion of you hasn't changed, and I don't think you're crazy. You're still the shy girl I caught feelings for only now, I know not to mess with you."

She laughed and I wiped her tears away before I kissed her, forgetting Mel & Michael were here. I didn't pull away from her lips until I heard Logan having a fit.

"Oh my God, Logan. Alright, I won't kiss your dad in front of you anymore," Jalissa said, making us laugh.

After Michael & Melanie left, Jalissa & I decided to just hang out at the house with Logan. It was a pretty good ending to a terrible day.