Almost Is Never Enough | YeonBin

There's a lot of things in life that happens in an instant. Sudden, immediate, and without warning.

But almost always leaves a mark in your heart forever.

Soobin wouldn't say he's an expert about this things but he had his fair share of experience.

"Soobin-hyung!" Taehyun waves at him on the entrance of Incheon International Airport. The younger looks oddly bouncy today, giddy like a preschooler who's eaten too much sugar. "How was the trip, hyung?"

And there the question lies plainly. It should be simple right? He only stayed two days in Paris, he shouldn't be feeling this way. And yet Soobin could feel the taletell itch somewhere in his chest, he wouldn't say hurt, how could he get hurt? It's just two days, you could never miss something you only experienced for a span of 48 hours.

Right?

He comes back to his wits when Taehyun started waving his hand in front of his face. "Hyung, what the heck? I just asked you about the trip."

Yeah Soobin, what's up with you? Soobin thinks to himself as he avoid the younger's interrogating eyes and went straight to finding his car. "Nothing, just tired."

Not entirely a lie since he was jetlag and up all night for the whole 11 hour trip thinking of some...things that happened in Paris.

Taehyun snorts. "No offense hyung, but you really are the worst lair I know. Did something happen in Paris?"

Did something happen in Paris? Oh boy, a lot of things happened in Paris alright. Soobin doesn't even know where to start.

Let's rewind a little bit shall we?

DAY ONE

Soobin woke up without his alarms blaring. A peaceful morning for once, away from the frenzied state he always get in Seoul every morning when he wakes up for work with only 4 hours of sleep the night before. He was disoriented for a moment and confused as to why he didn't set an alarm, until he realized...

Right, he's not in Seoul. He quit his job two days ago and impulsively book a flight to the city of love.

Paris, France.

Soobin has heard a lot about this place before. Anyone who hasn't heard of the Eiffel Tower at least once in their life must be living under a rock. Especially in Korea where a good percentage of the population is greatly fond of the city. Those locks at Namsan tower is literally a copy of Pont de I'Archevêché and he's always wanted to see the real thing.

A lot of people treats this place as a romantic paradise. Soobin could see couples everywhere when he got down to the hotel's breakfast hall. Geez, he just wanted to stuff his face with unlimited bread, why does everyone need to remind him of how tragically  single he is?

"See if you still smile like that when you get divorce." He mumbles lowly as he roll his eyes when he passed by an American couple who were feeding each other. He knows it was bad but he just can't help his bitterness from showing through. He just really hope no one near him is Korean or else that would be...

Someone from his back chuckles, and Soobin turns to meet eyes with a guy with faded green hair. The first thing that came to his mind was that the shade comically reminds him of seaweed, but then he also noticed the guy's monolid eyes, milky complexion the same as his, and the soft facial features.

A Korean, without a doubt.

"You don't believe in love?" Seaweed-haired dude has an amused grin in his lips.

Soobin answers after five seconds. "More like I don't believe in marriage." He tries to play it cool as they both approach the wide variety of food served in mini stations. The dude was  following him close.