Letting out a shaky breath, she stepped back, but the tension refused to leave her body.

No one was there and that should have calmed her nerves, but growing up she'd learnt to take every small superstition to heart. Because for her things like that often became a dreaded reality.

Anneli's breath caught in her throat as a blinding pain shot through her skull and she crumpled to the floor with a cry.

Tears blurred her vision as she struggled to crawl back away from the tall figure in front of her, squinting her eyes.

Warmth spread across the back of her neck and head and she bit back the nausia that followed, hand shooting out to grab onto the gun she'd dropped.

She pointed it up at the figure who held a gun to her. Her eyes adjusted and she blinked rapidly, other hand shooting out to pull herself up on the nightstand.

"This will not end well for either of us," she breathed, glaring at her once friend. "Where are the other two?"

The room felt like it was swaying. The floor shifted like she was on a rocking boat.

He kept his gun up, unwavering.

He was the youngest of the three.

"Oscar-"

She flinched as the door was kicked in and she had no choice but to make a quick move. Hand shooting out, the chain from the blinds broke free and secured itself around Oscars hand, yanking the gun out and pulling him towards the floor, tying him tightly to the pipe sticking out of the wall.

Axel, the one going straight for her, made a beeline for his brothers gun when he saw her and she jumped over the bed, pulling the letter opener blade to her hand and she ducked under a shot aimed straight for her head and slammed the bathroom door closed, locking it behind her.

Shakily Anneli span, the light flickering. She could see the blood covering her pale skin and staining her hair crimson in the mirror.

Moving fast, she climbed up on the sink and unlocked the window.

The bathroom door rattled as the person on the other side rammed their shoulder into it. Again and again.

The window stopped about an inch open, and dread pooled in her stomach. Swearing, she slammed the handle of the letter opener into the glass and broke it.

The lock rattled and the door pounded as he kept trying to break in.

Not thinking twice, Anneli shimmied her way through, legs first and luckily found footing on a ledge below. She hung by her arms from the window and bit back a cry of pain as her arm caught on a shard of glass, jolting and almost letting go of her grip as the bathroom door reverberated off of the wall.

Her eyes widened as Axel's scanned the empty room before locking on her.

She dropped herself and hit the ground hard, rolling to the side to lessen the intensity of the fall. Breaths coming out in short gasps, her bones rattling with effort, Anneli scrambled to a stand.

Blood trickled down her hand as she looked up at the tiny window. Axel stared down at her and she didnt waste any time before turning away and going to run.

BANG-

It seemed all the air had been stolen from her lungs as a wave of intense pain struck her.

A shaky breath escaped her lips.

Another familiar pair of eyes met her own.

She closed her eyes, disappointment growing within her at her stupid mistake and slowly, slowly she gained the courage to look down.

Blood blossomed through her white shirt and quickly soaked through beneath her open jacket, and only when she realised what had happened did she feel the burning, radiating pain in her stomach.

Her trembling hands went to the gaping wound and she paled considerably, falling back against something hard. Arms caught onto her elbows and she felt herself being lowered to the floor gently, platinum hair cutting across her vision.

A shuddering breath escaped her and she squeezed her eyes closed, the agony making it difficult to breathe.

When she opened her eyes again, two more looming figures stood above her. Both blurry, one holding something at his side.

She let out a choked gasp and a pair of solemn, light blue eyes meet hers.

Axel and Otto look down at her, the oldest and middle brother together, almost emotionless. Almost.

"Oscar..." she gasped up at the one holding her, tears filling her eyes.

She fucked up, she fucked up - maybe if she hadn't have argued with Five he might have believed her, might have trusted her. They might be together trying to stop the end of the world again, maybe the world wouldn't end after all. She could go back and hug Klaus, listen to Vanya's music, argue petty arguments with the others - swear at Five in Norwegian and watch him grow flustered.

She shouldn't have fallen asleep, she should have listened to her intuition, she should have been more alert...

Oscar, the blue eyed boy looked down at her sadly, kneeling over her body with his hands still on her arms.

Axel looked troubled and glanced at the older brother.

"I thought-" she coughed, a metallic taste in her mouth. Her hands weakly put pressure on her bleeding stomach but the cold concrete pressed harshly into her back. She could feel the cold hands holding her arms so gently, as though she were made of glass. Something delicate to behold, now broken.

The boy looked down at her, disturbed, and shook his head. His lips pressed into a thin line to stop the waver in them, to hide his true feelings about what had been done.

She couldn't force out the words I thought we were friends.

"Det är inget personligt, (its nothing personal)," the boy muttered down at her. Her vision swam with black dots. "Just business."

Her last concious thought, other than that she was cold, was that she had made so many fucking mistakes.