"Because we want to impress you," Semi said before winking at me,

"Ohhh... okay then," I shrugged nonchalantly

Tendou and the coach, apparently called Coach Washijō, walked back over to us. Washijō placed a hand on my shoulder and led me to the sidelines so the team could resume their dive drills.

"So, Martinez," he said as he sat down on a bench, patting the seat next to him, "sit down. Tell me about yourself." I smiled slightly before giving him a brief summary of everything since I've arrived in Japan and some of the stuff surrounding volleyball as well.

"Ah, so you go to Karasuno now... I've heard that they have a promising volleyball team this year." Washijō said.

I thought about the overzealous Hinata, rather unusual Kageyama, salty Tsukishima, soft Yamaguchi, the Noya and Tanaka pair, and the overall chaos that was the Karasuno volleyball team.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that..."

"Do you have anything to do with the team?"

"Yeah, I'm helping them as a sort of assistant coach."

"Is that so? So is it true that some of the first years have this crazy new attack?" the coach asked, suddenly more interested, I smiled at him,

"Now Washijō, you know I can neither confirm nor deny that information."

"Hmpf, fine, keep your secrets, we'll beat you anyway." I chuckled at the old man's confidence,

"I wouldn't underestimate them though. That confidence just may be your downfall," I said as I smirked playfully.

"Hey Ally!!!" Tendou cried as he waved me over frantically. I excused myself and walked over,

"Yes Tendou?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were paying attention to me," he said, "ya know, the Guess Monster in action."

"Tendou, please focus on our drill," the team's other setter, Shirabu if I remember correctly, said.

"Hey, don't talk to your senpai like that!" Tendou cried before ruffling the second year's hair. Shirabu huffed in annoyance before walking away while fixing his hair.

"Ally," Ushijima's familiar baritone voice echoed next to me, "you,d you mind helping us with the next drill?"

"Sure, what can I do?"

"Toss the ball for the hitters."

"Wow, first off," Tendou interrupted, "that's the most Wakatoshi has said in a single practice, and second... Why are you hogging Ally to the hitters?"

"Oh stop Tendou," I rolled my eyes while I dragged a basket of volleyballs to the net.

After setting up, Shiratorizawa's hitters lined up and I started the drill. A while later, they took a small break for water, all except Ushijima, who asked me to stay with him.

"Are you a setter?" He asked after slamming another ball on the other side of the net.

"Uh, not really," I said as I set a ball to myself, "I kinda played every position for a bit."

"Um," a small voice echoed behind me, Ushijima looked behind me and I turned around. A small boy with a black bowl cut shifted nervously, with a volleyball between his hands. He was the first year named Goshiki. "Can you set for me too, senpai?"

"Of course Goshiki, but I'm not your senpai ya know, we're both first years." His cheeks flushed in embarrassment and he nodded vigorously while apologizing, "No need to apologize," I chuckled and patted his head.