Malicious Moths and Baneful Baal

Zacznij od początku

"Something else is being sealed here." He called out, immediately gaining the other Exwires' attention. They all looked at him in confusion until Koneko stepped forward, studying the seals that decorated the bridge.

"He's right." He agreed, although he didn't know what the paper was protecting them from either. The group all stared at the bridge nervously, realising that between its poor structure and the fact that it was sealing something away, they couldn't risk bringing the heavy cart across it.

"Alright, I have an idea." [Y/n] announced, crossing his arms over his chest as the others all turned to him. "One of us will take Shiemi across to the other side and then we'll release the lantern and let it chase her. Once it reaches the other side, Koneko will seal it in place again." He explained, pointing toward Shiemi and then to the other side of the river before ultimately finishing on Koneko. Bon and Konekomaru seemed on board with the plan, Shima was just happy as long as he didn't need to get near those centipedes, Shiemi looked a little nervous and Rin looked sceptical.

"You wanna use Shiemi as bait?" He questioned, not entirely sure if he was on board with the idea. Shiemi also seemed a little agitated by the thought. [Y/n] just flashed him a smile before putting a reassuring hand on Rin's shoulder.

"Relax, you'll both be fine." He assured, patting Rin's shoulder reassuringly. Immediately, the demi-demon's face turned white as a ghost.

"W-Wait, what do you mean 'you both'?" He shrieked, pulling his shoulder away as he looked [Y/n] up and down.

"You're gonna carry her across." [Y/n] replied as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Why me?!" Rin refuted, looking around the group to try and understand why he was the only viable candidate. [Y/n] deadpanned as he raised his hands.

"Because Bon is chanting," He started, pointing to their tall friend who was still muttering his Aria verses. "Koneko has to seal it again," He continued, gesturing toward the bald boy who was preparing to write the new sealing incantation. "I'm gonna keep guard in case any demons get close," He added, holding Sema up for emphasis. "Flor is bringing the cart across," He pointed to Flor, who had picked the whole cart up in his mouth and was looking extremely annoyed by the whole situation. "And do you honestly think that Shima could make it across a bug-infested river while Shiemi's thighs are pressed against his cheeks?" He finished, staring straight into Rin's eyes with the most blank expression possible while Shima put his thumb up.

"He's right. I'll die before I make it across." Shima agreed, tears already streaming down his cheeks. Everyone else sweatdropped at the sight.

"Now's not the time to entertain your libido!" Koneko snapped, shaking his head in annoyance as he pushed Shima toward the bridge to cross with him and stand guard. Flor was right beside them as he carried the cart across. Once they had the cart all set up, [Y/n] moved to stand beside Bon while Shimei awkwardly let Rin lift her onto his shoulders, the latter immediately muttering out a string of curses as Shiemi awkwardly pulled and yanked at his hair in an attempt to maintain balance. [Y/n] could feel his grip on Sema tighten as his knuckles began to turn white. He hated that he was thinking what he was thinking. But the sight of Rin's flushed and blushing face squashed between Shiemi's thighs pissed him off a lot more than he wanted to admit. He was lucky it was dark or the others might see the death glare he was trying and failing to hide. "Everyone ready?!" Konekomaru asked, turning back and pulling [Y/n]'s attention back to the task at hand. Shaking his head, he tried not to think about it. Now was not the time to be getting jealous like a lovesick schoolboy.

"Yeah!" [Y/n] called back, sending Konekomaru a thumbs up as Rin stepped into the river with Shiemi, immediately crushing a load of centipedes underfoot. [Y/n] and Bon shared a nod before the Aria ceased his chanting and pulled the talisman off of the lantern.