"Hey stop... Please." He grabbed both of my hand in his and made me look at him.

"Don't you ever call yourself filthy because you are not. You are beautiful and strong. What happened to you can never change the way I feel about you, Zaria. I care a great deal about you, you probably have no idea how much I do. Don't ever think I would leave you because I will never leave you, not now not ever." He assured me, looking at me square in the eye.

"Promise me, please."

"Cross my heart." He smiled and I smiled back. I waited to hear what the hoarse voice in my head had to say but my mind was silent. I guess my trust for Joel over came my insecurities.

He brought out the ice cream that was already melting, even with the air conditioning machine on. "Now would you please take your ice cream."

"You are asking as if you don't know me. Give me the thing joor." I chuckled and he laughed, feeding me spoons of chocolate ice cream. Suddenly he stopped feeding and he looked at me, all smiles

"It's really refreshing to see you smile again. I really missed the way your lips turn when you smile and when your eyes glow. I missed you so much, Omolara." He used my native name again causing me to smile a little wider and I felt my heart leap for joy.

"As long as you are around me, there is absolutely no way I can keep frowning and stay unhappy." I replied. I felt his eyes move from mine to a little bit lower, to my lips.

I saw his eyes darken a little as he reached over and used his thumb to clean the smear of ice cream off the side of my lips, his hand lingering there as he didn't take his eyes off. My mouth suddenly grew dry and my palm became sweaty. It's been a while since we kissed. I've almost forgotten how it felt like.

Snap out of it.

"So..." I looked away, breaking any form of connection and electricity that might have built up. "You are resuming next week." I added, taking a spoon of ice cream. He shook is head slightly, as if bringing himself down from the trance.

"Yeah. How long will you stay at home before you come back to school though?" He asked, taking a spoon from my ice cream. I shrugged.

"I don't know, Joel. I'm not sure I'm coming back anyway" I replied and I saw the expression on his face.

"Why not?" He asked. I sighed.

"Joel, everything has changed. Everyone definitely knows what has happened. I am not even mentally fit to go back to school, with all the judgemental looks. I cannot deal." I told him and he sighed in utter frustration before holding my hand in his.

"I'll help you get through it." He said, staring at me intently. "Lyla, Charles, everyone. We are here for that purpose." He added.

"It's hard, Joel. It's not as easy as you make it seem. I've been having relapses, nightmares. Being here is not good for me..." I trailed and he squeezed my hand in understanding.

"I know I've been doing therapy, but it would take a while, very long while before everything comes back to normal." I told him and he nodded.

"Whatever it is, I'd support you. Even though it'd be very hard to see you go." He squeezed my good hand gently and I smiled. "Will you at least think very well about it? I need you to." He began to kiss my fingers one after the other and I literally melted.

"I'll think about it. For now... You are really distracting me." I  slightly stated, slightly moaned. He chuckled as he finally stopped kissing my hand and entwined it with his, looking at me lovingly. I giggled and looked away shyly.