Chapter 27

The moment you've all been waiting for! Don't lie to me...

The brunette had been acting distant since lunch. She had spoken no words during dinner and left to get ready. So did Beth who was suddenly les excited about training with her.

"It will be okay" Beth gave do a small smile. "You two will be okay" she said eyeing the small woman as she entered the room. She was updated by her national teammate this morning. Do gave the blonde a tight hug waving them out the door.

Neither spoke to each other in the car. It was an akward silence. The mood in the car was tense, that wasn't getting better after they had arrived.

"Hello ladies" they waved to Joe who was waiting for them at the front. "Thought i would save you the trouble of getting all wet. The indoor field is free" they smiled at him and made their way over to the field.

When they had their boots on Joe told them to run three rounds as a small warm up. The work they were going to be doing wouldn't be as though with the both of them not being 100% fit.

"Alright how about some passing around yeah" they nodded and started to pass it along until Joe made a move to intercept it And succeeded. "Go on, take it. Work together"

He sensed the tension in the room and the lack of conversation going on. This would be a perfect way to restore that, he thought.

"So?" Daan made small moves towards Beth. "Yes" she said. "What should we do?" the Dutch woman asked. "Take the bal" her response was cold and harsh. something Daan wasn't used to, Not from her.

Joe ran across the field with the bal hoping he could force them to communicate. The blonde quickly came to her senses."You attack from the right, i stay back and do so when he's forced back" they made brief eye contact and gave each other a nod.

she was a professional after all and nothing should stop her from being the best she can be. Her personal problems off the field should stay there. so here Daan was her teammate, nothing more nothing less.

"Good job!" Joe said as they had won the ball back fairly quick. Daan passed the bal back to him. "Now how about some 1v1 ladies" he kicked it to the the blonde.

They got set and the score was still tied after 40 minutes. Both girls were panting and exhausted but Joe still wanted to see who would win, use their brain instead of the skills they had in full power.

Just about then Daan ran towards Beth trying to get past her. "It would've have mattered" The brunette spoke, the winger was clueless. "You would've gotten wet anyway" she winked at her shooting the bal trough her legs. "Hun" she added sprinting of towards the goal.

Beth wasn't going to let her win, no matter how tired she was. If Daan could play this dirty, she would too. She managed to get the ball back and stood still with it waiting for the brunette to approach. "Like you were in the car" Beth spoke. She ran passed her making sure her voice was soft. "All Wet for me" Daan eyes widened, she did not expect her to say that and also not to see the bal  in the back of the net.

She frowned being mad at her own defeat and stupidity. "Well done Beth! You too DVD" he clapped his hands together. "I think were done, go shower if you want too. I will see the both of you back in training tomorrow at 16.00pm" they nodded and walked of to the showers.

Both were eager to go home and spend there remaining time on the couch and in bed. The girls were back in the car within fifteen minutes with their comfy clothes on.

Both woman hummed along to the music. Daan driving taking a detour, the blonde didn't bother asking and continued to scroll trough her Instagram page.

"Congrats" Daan broke the silence. "What?" The blonde was confused. "I guess you can beat someone at their own game" Beth scoffed, was it all only a game to her. She decided to pay attention to her phone instead of the woman next to her.

She looked up when she suddenly felt the car stop. "Shit!" She could see Daan hit the steering will out of anger. "Fuck!" She slamed the door open and got out of the car. Walking on the empty road in the pouring rain.

"Don't worry i will call Do and she will get us" Beth told her. "Come on let's push the car to the side first. She nodded and helped Beth.

She was pissed, how could this happen. Why now. She was no believer but it were moments like this that made her question if she should.

Beth got out of the car again and walked over to Daan. She sat down on the front of the car. She was already socked so it didn't matter anymore.

She couldn't help but look at the brunette. She looked stunning right now. The raindrops on her face making her eyes pop and look bright. She almost got lost in them.

"Don't look at me like that" the midfielder folded her arms and looked away. "Like what" Beth tried to make eye contact with her. "That way, just don't" she turned around and walked away from her.

"Danielle i will not apologize!" She screamed making Her stop dead in her tracks. "For what?!l" Beth grabbed her hand and looked at her studying her face.

"I am not sorry that i have feelings for you, I don't care if you'll hurt me, or if it's a one time thing. Even it's all a fucking game to you! I just need and want you so bad." Daan looked in her eyes. Slowly closing the gap between them.

"That was" their breaths were heavy slowly backing away from each other. This is what she had been longing for, for such a long time. She smiled looking at the blonde closing the gap between them once more.

"You're no game"