Interlude with the lesbians

En başından başla

After the lesbians left, they went to a drive in movie theatre, watching grease together and singing along to the songs until someone told them to shut up. They drove down to another camping ground in a forest, taking blankets out that they had stolen from the drive in for the two of them, and slept on the cargo bed. They talked about all the things they wanted to do for the rest of the summer, and wondered what had gone on between Marvin and Whizzer.

Before they knew it, Charlotte was texting Whizzer, asking him if it was okay for them to stay with him for a couple of days and the next day they drove four hours across state borders to visit him.

They pulled up to a tiny house, a car parked in the equally small driveway and knocked, instantly being embraced by Whizzer.

"Jesus Whizzer, when did you get so skinny!" Charlotte said as she felt his ribs through his baggy T-shirt.

"Fuck you." He laughed, warmth echoing from his voice.

He quickly pulled on a loose jacket even though the temperature was mid twenty's at least and ushered them outside.

"Look, there's stuff I don't want my Mum to hear so, I thought we could catch up on a walk." He said, leading the way down the small street they came from.

"So, you never came to see me." Charlotte said, eyes narrowing slightly.
"Yeah, I'm sorry, I had finals." He replied," anyway, what have you guys been up to?"

"We've done everything!" An excited Cordelia said as she bounced along the street."we camped at a beach, and a forest. We've stargazed... we-"

"We went to see Marvin." Charlotte butted in, watching Whizzer for a reaction. On hearing his name, Whizzer seemed to crumble slightly, and a sadness filled his voice.

"How is he?" His voice was soft with the knowledge of what he had done.

"Lonely." Cordelia replied "What happened to make you leave Whizzer?"

They rounded the corner to the Main Street, a light shower of rain beginning to fall.

"It all got too real." Whizzer began, holding back the tears he knew would start If he talked about it In too much depth. "He took me to this beautiful spot, and he started to apologise-"

Charlotte cut him off "About what?"

Whizzer shrugged," after he hurt Trina, I didn't want to be around him."

His mind drifted back to the day. It was a couple of days before final results day.

Whizzer was laying in bed, Trina sat above his head on a pillow, fiddling with his hair, and Mendel sat in the corner reading. Out of the blue, the door was flung open and the trio looked up to see Marvin, furious.

"What the actual fuck Trina?" He shouted

She looked at him in confusion, shaking her head slightly," what?"

"Don't give me that innocent act, or the 'I'm sorry' look in your eyes." He yelled, mocking her slightly.

Trina's eyes widened for a second before she narrowed them.

"Fuck you."

It was the only time Whizzer had ever heard her swear and he sat up on the bed, confused about what was about to come.

"You went and fucked my best friend, after us not even being broken up for a week!"

Mendel went to speak but Marvin growled at him and Trina stood up, matching Marvin's height with her small heels.

"You were shagging Whizzer since before we got together. I knew about it the whole time but I didn't even bring it up, so don't you dare get angry at me for getting together with someone who actually likes me."

"Fuck you Trina."

"No. We had fights and games, you called me funny names. No wonder no one loves you." Trina's voice was stern and strong, an entire new side that Whizzer had never seen before. As she said the words he realised how much they paralleled Marvin and his relationship.

"Whizzer loves me."

Everyone in the room turned to Whizzer and his eyes widened at the attention.

"Do I love him?"

He said out loud. He looked at Mendel, who was trying to separate Marvin and Trina. He looked at Trina, a sympathetic look in her eyes, and finally his eyes locked onto Marvin. A small charming smile graced his face and he raised an eyebrow.

He did not answer the question, the silence saying more than he ever could.

"Fuck me." Marvin whispered as he stood there. His voice raised slightly," I am so dumb." He paused for a second before he turned to face Whizzer. "Why?"

His voice cracked as he said it and it sounded like he was on the verge of tears.

Mendel tried to usher Marvin out, but he shoved Mendel's arms off of his, still looking at whizzer.

"Marvin, just leave." Trina said " you don't belong here."

He snapped, turning to face Trina, pushing Mendel out of the way and brought his hand out. He slapped her hard, causing her to gasp.

The loud clap, echoed through the room and Marvin put his hands to his mouth- shocked at what he had done.

"Baby, You know I didn't mean it." He urgently said, regret and disbelief in his words.

He stepped towards her but she backed away, scared of what he would do to her, and Mendel embraced her, stroking her hair, trying to calm her. After a moment she let go, patting his back and nodding strongly, walking a few steps away before putting her head in her hands and crying alone.

"Leave Marvin."

Whizzer had said to him, his own tears clouding his vision.

"Get out."

He never saw him the same way after that.

Whizzer shivered as he relived the day, wiping away the small tear that ran down his face. He stopped as they came to the graveyard.

"There's a nice walk through here, do you mind the dead vibes?" He asked.

The couple shrugged as they followed him onto the mossy path and they continued to walk, weaving through the grave stones.

"He gave me these excuses about being stressed, which I got, but then he blamed it on me and I just got mad. We argued for a while and then I said I didn't care about him." He shrugged focusing on his breathing to stop him from crying.

"And then he apologised and you made up?" Cordelia asked, trying to think positively.

Whizzer sighed "Then I told him that I never loved him and I went home."

"And then over the phone you apologised and made up?"

He laughed bitterly "I wish. Can we not talk about it anymore?" Whizzer asked, trying not to think about the moistness of his eyes.

-

Over the next couple of days the lesbians tried to cheer Whizzer up, leaving him happier than when they arrived. He stood in his doorway as they drove off, waving at him until he was out of eyesight.

"We're going to try and get them together right?"
Charlotte asked as she turned the corner.

"You bet" Cordelia grinned, kissing her girlfriends cheek.