01.

present day

Harry sat alone in his backyard. He barely fit into the small child's swing as he swayed silently. He couldn't remember the last time he sat in this swing, but he did remember his school mates telling him only babies played on a jungle gym.

Harry was now sixteen, and currently ditching his own birthday party. Music was heard from inside his house and he could see his family and friends having such a great time inside that they didn't even notice the birthday boy left.

His eyes were glued to his scruffed boots, digging the toe of his shoes into the play set gravel. A stray curl hanging over his forehead. Harry hoped he could stay out here through the whole party, but he knew a small part of him wished someone inside was looking for him. A heavy sigh past Harry's lips and he stopped glancing at the back door, because he gives up thinking someone will notice his disappearance.

"What are you doing out here?" A familiar voiced questions Harry and he looks over to the swing beside him. Harry's eyes widen in surprise or shock he didn't know as he tries jumping to his feet, because this isn't really happening right now. The blue eyed boy watches in amusement as the swing snags Harry's flannel shirt, yanking him back into the swing and falling backwards into the gravel. His legs flailing widely, closing his eyes tight hoping the stranger beside him would vanish as he laid there feeling an ache lace trough his spine.

A moment went by and Harry worked up the guts to open one of his eyes, thinking he's gone insane as he sees the other boy standing over him.

"That was very amusing," he snickered, covering his mouth like a little kid. Harry opens both eyes and furrowed his eye brows. He stares up at the odd boy before propping himself up on his elbows.

"Who the bloody hell are you?" Harry didn't mean so sound as harsh as the boy in front of him stood up, resting his hands on his hips. But this, this was really odd. He wore the same clothes he wore the last time Harry saw him, worn down black vans and denim jacket. His hair carelessly styled as strands stuck out everywhere.

"Well hello to you too, Harry ." Harry frowned, expecting the boy to help him up but he just stared at him expectantly. A confused look etched into Harry's facial features.

Where did he come from? Harry hasn't seem him since he was little, really little. The last day Harry played with this boy was when he was nine. He must have left when Harry's, so called, friends told him that Harry was still a baby if he played with an imaginary friend. Even though Harry denied that and told them that the blue eyed boy was real, he had enough of being picked on and finally told the older boy to go away, and he did. So why is he showing up now?

As he slowly stood up he couldn't help but chuckle at the height differences. But he quickly recovered, his lips pressed in a straight line as he eyed he shorter boy who seemed to be around his age.

"Louis?" Harry finally spoke, his hand gripping the chain that held the swing he was just sitting in, holding himself up so he wouldn't pass out. Louis snapped his fingers, pointing one at Harry as he smiled.

"At your service."