45 ⊳ HOUSE OF DOUBLE-CROSS.

Start from the beginning

"For once, no." Amber answered, before deciding to inform the boy about why they were so irritated with him, "Poppy's wearing a necklace around her neck."

"Seems logical, Amber - that is where you wear them." Jerome pointed out, not exactly understanding why the pair were talking about a necklace that his sister apparently had to him and thus turning towards the other half of the duo, instructing her, "Continue."

"It's ours." Nina declared, continuing to add more information as she informed the boy, "She said you gave it to her."

He did not.

However, he was not about to throw his sister under the bus, which led to the blonde-haired boy blinking blankly at the two girls for a few moments before he nodded, telling the pair, "Yes, I did. What of it?"

"Well, it belongs to us." Nina declared, hoping that the new piece of information would cause for the boy to go and get it back for them, "We lost it, and we'd like it back."

"Right, well, Nina, I'm afraid the operative word you used was 'lost'. In my book, that makes Poppy the finder keeper, and you a pair of loser weepers." Jerome responded, clearly going against what the pair had expected for the male prankster today as he wore an obnoxious grin on his lips, telling the two roommates, "Have a nice day."

Evidently upset by the result of the conversation, a small yet irritated scoff left the lips of Nina Martin, whilst the fashionista out of the duo watched the male prankster walk away and commented, "He's acting too weird. What do we do now?"

Deciding that they couldn't simply give up and that they had to somehow get the amulet back, Nina soon began to brainstorm many different ideas and crossed her arms underneath her chest as she thought of an idea that had one hundred percent chance of working out, beginning to put across her idea to her roommate as she started, saying, "Well, who is Jerome madly in love with and cannot deny?"

"Sydney, duh." Amber answered practically instantly, having no doubt in her mind that the blonde duo of pranksters were madly in love and that their hearts were not travelling elsewhere - from her eyes (and also the eyes of literally everyone else around the pair), the pranksters were extremely crazy about one another and most certainly deep in love with one another; they were just hiding it, but there was absolutely no denying that Jerome Clarke and Sydney Anderson had a very special connection.

"Who is on our side." Nina added, making the fashion-loving blonde make a small 'oh' sound as she realised exactly where the conversation was heading and knew what the plan was, and upon seeing that she understood, a grin appeared on the lips of the American as she ordered them, "Let's go."

Their destination: outside.

It wasn't necessarily hard to find the female prankster once her two roommates had discovered that she was outside (courtesy of Alfie Lewis), because they soon noticed the eyes of a few people were travelling over to a certain location and thus so did the eyes of the two roomies, their sights landing on Sydney Anderson and Damian Cyrus strolling casually around the grounds of the school. Well, Sydney was strolling casually around the grounds of the school, her camera firmly and safely in her hands as she snapped some pictures - meanwhile, Damian seemed to be following behind her and had a cocky smirk on his lips as they spoke. Of course, it was obvious why everyone was watching.

Damian Cyrus, despite the small amount of time he had been at the school for, had already made quite the impression and was well known for being the bad boy and also the massive flirt, with him kissing many girls in one day and then them being left devastated when they found out that the boy wasn't loyal to them. People had learnt his tricks by now, hence why people paid attention whenever he was around any girl. However, this interaction between Damian Cyrus and Sydney Anderson was receiving a little bit more attention than the casual interactions that the former typically had. Why?