Chapter 34 ♛ Bloody Nightmares

Start from the beginning

"But you're my fucking father!" I screamed, "You're supposed to be happy if your kids are happy! You don't try and destroy their fucking lives, because you didn't get your fucking own happy ending!"

He nodded his head, "Happy endings aren't made for everyone, not even the good or the bad." He said before turning into mist.

A breathless gasp left my lips as I quickly sat up in the bed. My emerald eyes wonder around the poorly lit room and noticed that the boys were still fast asleep around me.

I quickly turned onto my side and scooted closer to Jake. I gently tapped on his nose, hoping I could wake him up and only him, because I was afraid to fall back to sleep. But most importantly, I need my best friend at the moment.

His nose scrunched up as a low groaning sound left his mouth. His dark eyes slowly fluttered open and right onto mine.

"Jakey." I whispered, my voice cracking.

"What's wrong, Atmosphere?" He questioned me as he wrapped his arm over me.

"I need you right now, please." I begged, tears freely rolling down my face.

He quickly pulled me into a tight hug, and I quietly cried into his bare chest as he rubbed my back up and down, hoping to bring me some comfort. But sadly it wasn't working this time.

My cries started to get louder and louder by the second. Without any hesitation, he scooped me up in his arms and brought me out of his room, so I wouldn't wake up the other two. He then gently set me down on the couch with me still in his arms.

"Atmosphere, can you please tell me what's going on?" He asked, begging as he tried forcing me to make eye contact with him.

"I'm afraid to sleep, Jakey." My lips trembled against his skin, "He won't leave me alone."

"Atmosphere." He whispered, tightening his grip around me, "You know he can't hurt you if..."

I shook my head, "I don't care if he hurts me." I said as my watery eyes met his, "I only care if he hurts you guys. And that's why he keeps telling or showing me."

"What is he telling or showing you?" He asked, wiping away my tears:

"Just terrifying images of you guys." I whimpered, "You guys are always surrounded by your own blood and I..." I started to hyperventilate, causing him to pull my body more onto his lap.

"Hey, hey." He whispered as he cupped my face, "Look at me." He ordered me to do, which I did, "Everything is going to be okay. I'll be okay. Our friends will be okay and most importantly you will be okay." He tried reassuring me, but I wasn't believing it.

"Jakey..."

"What the hell are you guys doing?!" A deep voice growled from behind which startled the both of us.

"Colby, what are you..."

He cut off Jake, "Why the fuck are you touching my girlfriend like that?!" He yelled before yanking me off of Jake.

"Oww!" I whimpered as my body hit the floor hard.

"Bro, don't fucking touch her like that!" Jake spat as he got in Colby's face.

"I can touch her anyway..." Before Colby could even finish his sentence, Jake hit his jaw with a solid punch sending him straight to the ground.

"You know how long I have been wanting to do that?!" Jake chuckled aggressively as he squatted down, "You are a piece of shit you know that!" He spat.

"Look..."

"No!" Jake cut him off, "I'm fucking talking and you are going to shut the fuck up and listen!" He made it very clear to Colby.

"Jakey." My voice trembled as I reached for his forearm.

"You treated Atmosphere like complete shit these past few months. You let her fucking stay at a hotel all by herself when you know how she gets when she is alone. And you expect her to reach out to you first when you are the one who should be doing that?! You're the reason why the relationship is fucking dying!" He spat, "You're so fucking lucky I didn't find out about this sooner, because I would have done far more damage to your stupid face."

"Jake, I'm sorry..."

"Don't fucking speak!" He growled, scaring not only Colby but me as well, "I thought you have changed, Colby. But I guess you just got better at hiding the fact that you will always be a player when it comes to girls."

"Jakey." I whimpered again, causing his fiery eyes to meet mine.

He then glanced back at Colby, "Until you get your shit together, you aren't allowed to have any sort of contact with Atmosphere, and I mean that." He made clear before standing up, "Now get the fuck out of my house!"

My watery eyes wandered down to Colby. There was blood leaking from the corner of his mouth and a red imprint forming on the side of his jaw. He looked like an emotional wreck, and it's because he let his emotions get the best of him. But I just don't understand why he would think there was secretly something going on between Jake and I.

Jake quickly picked me up, causing me to wrap my legs around his lower waist and my arms around his neck. I nestled my face into his neck, because I wanted to muffle my cries.

"Jake, please just let..."

He cut me off again, "You always want people to listen to you, and explain over and over again about how sorry you are or that you are gonna change. Maybe actually mean you are sorry and do change instead of just saying that you will." Jake said before walking away with me in his arms.

"Jake, what..."

"Sam, I don't want to talk about it." He whispered rather calmly, "Go ask your best friend what the fuck he did wrong." He added, before slamming his bedroom door shut.

We both crawled back into his bed. We are now the only two left in this room which made me feel a lot better now, because I felt like I could open up to Jake more without being afraid that someone might be listening on to us.

I gently reached for his hand and examined his knuckles. They were slightly swollen, but not as bad as I expected it to be. Because the punch he threw was filled with power and emotion, so I expected it to leave a mark on the both of them.

"You shouldn't have done that." I whispered as my glossy eyes met his.

"Atmosphere, as both of your guys' friend, he fucking deserved that." He said, "I hoped I knocked some sense into that kid."

"But he wasn't the only one treating me poorly these past few months." I whispered the truth as my eyes fell, "You all were."

A deep sigh left his lips, "I'm sorry." He whispered before gently pecking my forehead, "I promise I will fix things between us and you know I will keep that promise."

And I believed him, when I knew deep down that I shouldn't have.

**** Author's Note****

Hey buddies!

The next chapter is the last chapter of Player 3.0. And I'm going to drop it now.

Thank you all for the love and support.

Love you to the moon and back!