~~~~

    We eventually arrive at the cafe and take a seat across from one another. We order and sit in silence for a bit. The silence isn't awkward though, it's comfortable. "So, any cute boys?" She asks suddenly. The dreaded question.

    "Mom!" I exclaim, ears flattening in embarrassment. She gasps.

    "Oh, I'm sorry! Do you prefer girls? I don't judge." I smile at that statement, I love my mom.

    "No Mom, I honestly don't have a preference. I just date whoever I end up liking." I shrug as I take a sip of my drink. "I don't have anyone on my radar though. Before you ask, no. No one has asked me out either." She hums and leans on the table.

    "What about the other red deer in your grade? Louis is his name right?" I snort.

    "We are on completely different social platforms." My mom shrugs.

    "You've been in school together for a while now. What about Jack? He's a nice boy!" I facepalm.

    "Mom, I'm not gonna be in a relationship anytime soon. No one is interested in me and I'm okay with that. Dating sounds nice, yes, but it is something I can live without." The tiger across from me hums before she lifts her cup to her lips and takes a sip.

    "I'm not going to be able to make it to your show this year. I'm sorry. I need to go on a business trip." I pause, swallowing the spit in my mouth before smiling.

    "That's okay." I'm lying. I understand why work is important for her, it is how she can live in this world. It just sucks that it has to be on the days of my performances. Even if I won't be on stage. She still has come to every single one because she knows that I'm the one who makes the scene changes fast and am also the one who runs things backstage. She leans over the table rubbing my head a bit before sitting back down in her seat.

    "I really am sorry (Y/N), I would like to go. I tried to get off so I could but there was just no way to do it." I shake my head to reassure her that it's okay. I'll get over that she can't go.

    'It's okay, really. You've been to every single one even though I'm not even on stage. I know other parents that don't even go to the show when their child is on stage. Do you want to walk with me back to school?" I ask as the waitress walks over with the check. My mom smiles and nods her head.

    "That sounds like a great idea."

~~~~

    There wasn't much that happened during the walk to the school. Just the usual stares and whispers. Even as a teen we still receive them. My mom and I stand at the entrance gate of the school and she gives me a hug. I gladly return it and pull back. We both smile at each other and she kisses me on the forehead before walking away. I wave and call out. "Bye Mom!" She smiles and waves back before continuing to walk down the sidewalk. I turn to the school and walk through the gates, looking around at all the students who are merrily chatting. I smile as I see Legosi, Jack, and their other roommates all hanging out and having a blast. Jack and I make eye contact and he smiles at me, waving me over.

    "(Y/N)! Hey! Welcome back! Where'd ya go? I've been looking for you all day." I smile sheepishly.

    "Sorry, I decided to go visit my mom today and we went to the cafe on fourth." His eyes light up even more.

    "Isn't that the one with the really good cookies?" I giggle and Legosi speaks up.

    "Was that tiger your mom?" I nod as I turn to face him.

    "Yea, she is." All the dogs stare at me with wide eyes.

    "You don't even look like a hybrid!" They all exclaim and I laugh, shaking my head.

    "It's because I'm not. Nothing is wrong with hybrids don't get me wrong, but I was literally thrown into my mom's arms." I shrug. The group all calms down while Jack taps his chin, deep in thought.

    "If you were a deer, tiger hybrid you would have stripes anyways, and more carnivore features." I shake my head.

    "Nope, the only thing I have still are patches of white fur. My mom and I think it's just fawn spots I can't get rid of. I am smaller than an average red deer. We think I'm a runt. The doctor can't confirm or not because he doesn't know my parent's lineage but he also thinks that's most likely." Jack gives me a look but remains quiet. I raise an eyebrow at his look as the others chat among themselves about my explanation. He waves his hand in dismissal and mouths 'later'. I nod before turning back to the group. My eyes widen. "Wait, wasn't the assembly today?" Everyone else's eyes widen before we all take off down to the auditorium. Voss and I look at each other before I pick him up and begin running. "Wait damn it! We have little legs!" I hear the rest of the group laugh as we all run, making our way into the auditorium and finding seats. It seems like we just made it in time. We all take our seats and let out a sigh of relief, listening to the speeches and such for the awards. I honestly zoned out until Legosi elbowed me gently when Louis stepped up to speak. I open my eyes to see him glancing over the crowd and locking eyes with me for a moment. I stick my tongue out and I see his lips upturn just slightly in a smile before he continues to move his eyes across the crowd.

    His speech is about the drama club and how we are open to both herbivores and omnivores. His words are good, everyone loves him. He basically has a fan club. I cross my legs as the crowd cheers for him, me clapping politely. He really does have this school wrapped around his finger.

𝑱𝒖𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 {Louis x F!Reader}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें