2 - Self's Thoughts

"So~ Your saviour was the guy who walked in here?" Self circled around Mark as the Male kept watch outside. (Y/N) was currently making dinner for the two of them, and had asked Mark himself to watch out for anyone suspicious while he made it.

Mark nodded. "Yeah, that's him. His name's (Y/N)." Self hummed, coming to a stop from his endless circling.

"Well, he's an idiot." Mark's head snapped up at this, looking in at the...ghost? He really didn't know what the figure was. Self said he was his conscious, but it would be weird to call him that. Mark opened his mouth to retort, but Self beat him to it. "I mean, why would he leave someone he doesn't even know in charge of watching out for him? If anything, he should be the one watching over you to make sure you won't do anything suspicious." Mark paused, thinking this over. Self did have a point, however. Why did (Y/N) even trust him to do this in the first place?

"Maybe it's a test," Mark muttered, scanning his surroundings once more. "Maybe he wants to see if he can trust me." He looked to Self. "What are your thoughts on him, as a person? Just...based on what you've already seen?"

Self looked taken aback by the question. "My...thoughts?" He looked away, his eyes becoming cloudy. "Well, he has an intimidating appearance. I thought he was going to cause harm to us...but that smile he gave you..." he sighed, a smile growing on his face unknowingly. "It was so caring, so soft, so...loving. It reminds me of someone from your- our dreams. The ones you used to have when you were younger." He looked up at the sky. "And his eyes...those (e/c) eyes...they're the most beautiful shade I've ever seen, and his-"

Mark quickly cut him off. "Alright, alright. I get it. You think he's attractive, and you're not wrong, but what if his personality's fake? What if he's just another shitty hunter, trying to track me down? I did steal a lot of...valuable things from that research sight." Self rolled his eyes, crossing his arms.

"Listen, Marky. His personality is not fake. I can tell when a person is real. And he isn't some shitty hunter, he's (Y/N). Now-" Just as Self was about to continue ranting on about how amazing (Y/N) was, the (h/c) male walked out of the door, running a hand through his hair.

"Hey, Mark! Dinner's ready, so come in!" (Y/N) stifled a yawn as Mark turned around, smiling slightly. The weaker male stepped inside the house once more, looking at his saviour.

Self smirked. "Looks like you're not the dominant one anymore- OW!" He yelped in pain, looking down to see Andy biting his foot. "How the fuck can he- oh." Self was standing on top of Andy's dinner...

Mark decided to ignore him after that.

He walked up to the table, sitting down on one of the chairs, chuckling. "For a little place like this, it sure is wonderful." This earned a shrug form (Y/N) as the Male turned around.

"What can I say, kid? This is the rich life." (Y/N) spins, causing Mark to roll his eyes. This was far from 'the rich life'. The (h/c) haired male sat down opposite of him, pushing a bowl of spaghetti towards him, with some vegetables mixed in there with it as well. "Eat up, kid."

Mark frowned. "Why do you keep doing that?" (Y/N) looked up, raising an eyebrow as he gave him a confused glance.

"Doing...what?" (Y/N) didn't think he was doing anything wrong. He was being a normal human being. He was walking, talking, eating, drinking...doing normal human things. And what he meant by that was that he was living his life freely, and wasn't starting unnecessary wars.

Mark rolled his eyes, twirling some spaghetti with his fork. "Calling me 'kid'. You just called me by my name a second ago, so why are you calling me 'kid' again?"