Chapter 3

I opened my eyes. I blink and blink and blink. Sky. So blue and beautiful. The clouds so white and puffy. And I feel like I'm distancing myself to it. No. I'm falling. I'M FALLING! Abruptly, I let out a scream. Where's Thund? Noooooo! My senses are confused, I don't know what's happening. I roll and I can't help myself from screaming again. I'm near to the ground!

I don't like to die facing it that's why I roll again my back against on what I'm going to fall.

Thank you mom, dad, I missed you two. Now I'm going to die and I didn't fixed our family. I'm such a bad girl. That's what running into my mind. It's a ruin. Everything. How come I've come to here? No time for that, it's near, I'm going to die. A bone-breaking fall. What a mess. Then I hit a soft raspy thing instead of a ground. But I bounce and hit the so-called ground.

"Ahhhh!" Then hit my head first and all I can see is blackness. Again.

Minutes later maybe hours because I see the sun is going down. I tried to get up but I feel my body are paralyzed but I can move it just as easy as I moved it every day. It just cracks every time I make a move and for steadying myself to stand. Thund. "Oh my gosh! Thund! Thund! Thund!" I search for him and called his name and one last time, "THUNDER!" I scream through the top of my lungs. And then I hear a groan and an I'm-hurt-scream. I immediately run to the sound of Thund. And there he is not having a move. He's the one I think who's paralyze. I run beside him and clutch his head into my arms.

"What happened? How did you fall? I'm so afraid that I thought you didn't survive the fall or that I'm the only one in this place. I'm so glad you're here and—and. . . ." I need to choose the words wisely, "Alive."

He flinch with that one. I'm an idiot, I should have not said that but he rolled his eyes and laugh, "Of course I'm alive. I'm strong. And I promised to protect you, right?" What a flattering words. "By the way, I fall from the sky. I opened my eyes when I'm just half way to the ground. But as I tried to see what I'm going to fall I hit the ground and I became unconscious. And I will just die if you die first," he laugh with his own joke but certainly I'm pissed off of what he have said. It's just he declaring me I should die first. "Just kidding Ylle. Sorry," I sigh, can't help he just say sorry, "I love you."

"What?" in shock. He raised his brow, "Oh no. Maybe I've just misheard it." Clearly, I heard what he said.

"Just get me up. I think I've broken a bone."

"No," as what I'm seeing it's not just a bone, "bones."

"You say so?"

I help him to get up. As he was standing I scan the surroundings and it caught me in surprise.

"Hey Ylle, support my body please." I slowly turn my head to him still not moving. "What?" he asked in exasperation. And again I moved my head to what I'm looking.

"This place—what is this place?" I was very awestruck that I really forgot Thunder is still on the ground and can't move.

"Yeah, what is this place, so let me get up—," and he let out a scream for trying to stand and it caught my attention.

"Hey. Don't move. I'll help you, come on," I help him up and let his head lean onto my shoulder. He is breathing so fast that's why I let him recover himself for a minute.

"It's a candy land," he said. "Lots of big candies and other sweet foods. We are not going to starve here, huh." I feel his breathing going back to normal. "But we're going to suffer with diabetes or maybe—the worst—is to die," I said.

I smiled though he can't see me then I pat his back and help him walk, step-by-step. There, at the right side I saw a cottage made of sweet foods, of course, the hut supported by wafer sticks chocolate flavor and it was built of cakes with window panes of clear sugar. I drag him there. I knock to the door loudly, it was made of wafer biscuits that's why in my last attempt it began to crack and just then the whole door broke into pieces.