Luna Lovegood x Craig: Secrets Secrets

06/14/20

This goes to Craig(ReflectionVinyl)

"Leave me alone Draco." I screamed throwing a book across my bedroom nailing him in the face. One thing about me was I had really good aim when it came to things like this. Draco knew this. When I got angry with him, I would usually throw things at him. I rarely missed. The angrier I was, the better my accuracy.

"Look Craig, no one can deny that you're in Slytherin. Or a Malfoy for that matter. But we need to work on the people you hang around. Why can't you just hang out with my friends? They wouldn't mind." He explained holding the bridge of his now bleeding nose. I smirked with pride.

"I don't even want to be a Slytherin. And you've made it very clear that I don't live up to the Malfoy name." I mumbled standing up and walking over to my older brother Draco. Well, only by a year. Sometimes it felt like a life time.

"Sorry about your nose." I admitted walking over to him and looking at his nose. It didn't look broken, but we wouldn't know for sure for a couple of hours.

I grabbed some tissues that I kept on my bedside table and passed them over to him. I didn't hate Draco or anything. He was my brother and I loved him. Sometimes I strongly disliked him. Like right now.

"I won't be mad if you just answer the question, Camryn." He had managed to stop the bleeding. That was a good sign.

I rolled my eyed and glared at him. He knew how I felt about the name Camryn. I hated being called that and he knew it. Camryn was my birth name, but it was just so girly. I preferred going by Craig.

"Please stop calling me that Draco. What was the question again?" I groaned crossing my arms looking up at him. I pulled out my wand and waved it instantly mending his nose.

"Who's your girlfriend?" He asked.

"I don't have one, at the moment."

"At the moment?" He snickered. "Who's it soon to be?"

"I don't know." I calmly replied wanting to keep my anger at a minimum. I slowly pushed him out of my bedroom room and closed my door.

"You know I'll figure it out Craig." He called through the door.

I had managed to avoid Draco the past few weeks that we had been at Hogwarts. It was pretty hard since we were in the same house, but at least we didn't have any classes together. I learned his schedule so I knew how to best avoid him.

"Come on. Please just tell me Craig. I won't say anything." Draco practically was begging me as he pulled on my arm. We were heading towards the train, going back to Hogwarts after winter break. I was not looking forward to this.

"I don't have a girlfriend Draco. How many times do I have to tell you that?"

"What about that ginger chick?" He asked.

"Who Laila? Oh we broke up." I shrugged as if it was no big deal. I was very open when it came to my sexuality. That was until I got home. Nobody in our family knew. I didn't even want to think about what would happen if they did know. They would be rather traditional when it came to dating. Surprisingly, Draco hasn't told any of them. He liked to talk a lot so I was mentally preparing for the day he let it slip out.

"What happened?"

"She wasn't ready to be public about our relationship and I didn't want to pressure her."

"So is there anyone else you've got your eye on?"

"You're so obsessed." I giggled glancing behind me at Draco following me for down the aisle of the train. "Now please go away." I turned and pulled opened a compartment door. My best friend Ginny Weasley was sitting in there. We always rode together.

"I see you have a thing for gingers." Draco snickered following me inside. He grimaced when he saw who was sitting in here.

"What do you plan on doing over the break? Wait who is behind you? Oh it's just Malfoy..." Ginny looked back out the window. The two of them did not get along at all.

"Hello to you too Weasley Number 7. You should ask her about her break up, not her plans winter break."

"Draco, that was almost a year ago. Now please leave." I pointed at the door growling. Draco hung his head, and trudged out. He knew when I was being serious.

"That growl was scary." Ginny chuckled turning back to me.

"Sorry about that and my brother. You know how he is."

Toward the end of winter break, I was starting to believe that we could get back to school without Draco letting my secret slip. Everyone was getting along so well and I wanted to keep it that way. And it was going well until Draco couldn't keep his lips closed.

We were getting on the train to head back to school when Draco mentioned a girlfriend. I wasn't sure if my parents heard, but I took once glance at my father and I knew. I practically ran into the train with Draco following me.

"Draco. How could you tell them?" My voice was hoarse from screaming at him. We had been going back and forth the whole train ride. There were tears streaming down my cheeks and I couldn't stop them. The more tears I wiped away, the more that replaced them. I never cried. I was going to tell my family eventually, but now was not the time.

I had to keep my distance from Draco because I knew if I got too close, I would hit him. I was that angry. No, I was past angry. I was furious.

I went to sit with Ginny to help calm down. She was one of the few people I was able to be my true self around. I sat through the sorting able to ignore Draco. He kept apologizing but I didn't want to hear it.

"I am so so sorry, I didn't mean for it to slip out." He knew that he had fucked up.

"You didn't mean for it to slip out?" I threw my head back and darkly chuckled.

"I'm sorry." Draco hung his head. "I didn't mean for mom and dad to hear that."

"Sorry doesn't cut it Draco." I hissed past him, and walked outside into the cool night air once the sorting was over.

"Can I ask why you're crying?" A soft voice asked behind me. I wiped my eyes and turned around.

I instantly felt my face heat up, as I looked into the face of my life long crush, Luna Lovegood. I loved her long blonde hair and how she didn't care what other people thought.

"Um, I'm not." I lied.

"I can see that you were." She leaned forward and wiped the tears from under my eyes. Did she not care about people's personal bubble? Not that I minded or anything.

"Do you want to talk?" She asked. My bottom lip wobbled and I started sobbing. I just told her how I liked girls and my parents found out. They were going to hate me.

"What's wrong with that?" She asked raising a pale eyebrow. "At least the liking girls part."

"Nothing is wrong with that. I just didn't want my parents to find out the way that they did."

"You wanted to be the one to tell them?"

"Yes." I confirmed. Luna slowly nodded.  She leaned forward and pressed her lips onto mine. I kept my eyes opened for out of surprise, but then I closed them. It wasn't the first time I've kissed a girl, but this time felt different. It felt so much more meaningful for all the other times.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked when we pulled apart.

"Well, you couldn't think of a good enough reason, so I was just showing you what you could be with someone. You don't have to care what other people think." Luna gave a small smile, and turned to walk away.

"Luna!" I reached for her and grabbed her wrist. She turned around with a look of hope in her eyes. "Can you be the person I'm with, and we show other people it's okay not to care what they think?"

"Yea, I'd like that." Luna smiled a gave me a quick peck on the lips.