Chatper 1: Jay

The Sargent's Daughter

S5 EP5: Home

Hank and Al got out of his Dodge, closing the door shut and removing his sunglasses that were tinted.

"Got a search warrant for the residence of Marshall Carter," Antonio said, handing Hank a picture of the suspect, "He's the head of the Night Lords. He's got priors for possession and aggravated battery. They deal out of a house in Hegewisch."

"The boonies," Hailey said.

"Yeah"

"My CI confirmed the monthly shipments here ready for distribution. Now, here's the thing. There's an estimated street value of at least two mil worth of meth and cocaine in the dining room" Antonio said.

"How many men?" Hank asked.

"Uh, at least six," Antonio said looking at his notepad, "The address is 238 Five Oaks Road."

"Let's hit it"

-

Kim walked up the steps holding a brown paper bag, "Platt said someone ordered from Royal Siam?"

Adam raised his hand, "Right here"

"Smells delicious"

"Okay, the house with the storm shelter's registered to an LLC in Grand Cayman." Hailey said looking at her screen before getting up from her seat," They have about 200 units here in Chicago. This one was red-tagged for foundation problems. It should be empty"

"So our suspect was squatting," Hank said, sitting on the corner of Al's desk.

"Sounds like it" Al pipped in.

"So we got no name, no number, no nothing"

Hailey shook her head at Hank's question.

"Huh. Unbelievable, it's chocolate" Adam said causing all of us to look at him confused as he inspected the food he had ordered, "It; 's chocolate. Quan said the house he lived in smelled like this," he said answering the question he said throwing it to Kim who opened it and started to eat it, "So, must be around one of the chocolate factories."

"Right," Hank mumbled.

I sat at my desk looking for some information when my phone went off. It was a message from Will, my lock screen was a picture of me and Erin. It's been almost six months since she left for New York to become an FBI agent. I was proud of her but also angry and sad about it.

-

"So, what Kate Smith did has a name" I said showing Kim and Hank a website with all the information about what she did, "It's called 're-homing'"

"It's called Unforgivable," Kim said, crossing her arms against her chest.

"Uh, yeah, but it's legal in the state of Illinois. Parents can transfer the care of foreign adoptees to someone else with a power of attorney. It started a few years back in chat rooms"

"What about the website Kate Smith used," Hank said.

"It's a sham. It's been around for six months. The IP address is routed through the dark net. And the origin is listed as Iceland" I said.

Kevin walked in holding a file in his hand, 'This Marsden couple does not exist. There's not a record of a John or Penny Marsden in the Chicago land area"

'Shocker. A child trafficker is using fake names"

"So we need to make contact. Find this Marsden couple and the mystery man they gave Quan to" Hank said.