72 | chain of memories part 5

Beginne am Anfang

"It's so funny-people would normally ask who I'm having this crush on yet here you are asking me what it's like to like someone!"

"Shut up."

"You've seriously never had a crush before?"

"I'm only eight. I haven't lived long enough to find the right person."

"I've had my first crush when I was six!"

"O-Kay." What am I supposed to do with that?

"You're such a nerd."

Mr Kang' whistle goes off and she calls us all up front while another whistle simultaneously rings summoning the other class to the opposite direction.

"Alright class, since we're all here we will start with a nice warm up run before you play. Ten rounds. No cutting corners." Mr Kang says. "Come on! Let's get started!"

"Is he trying to kill us?" Jimin whines and I laugh.

"Let's go!" I say. "If you want to impress that girl you have a crush on, you better don't collapse on the field." I begin running and he starts running to catch up with me.

"I'm not gonna collapse on the field!" He pants.

"Wanna bet?"

Our ten rounds finally come to an end and I feel energized and more than ready to play soccer with our classmates. On the other hand there's Jimin, with sweat stains under his armpits, his dark hair once fluffy and neat, now is unruly. Despite, the mess he is right now he didn't in fact fall flat during the warm up run. Some of our classmates gave up on the third or fifth round, but me, Jimin and some other kids were persistent. And so were a few students from the other class. Including Yong-Sik.

I raise my hand for a high five and his palm meets mine weakly. "You survived buddy!"

"I. Hate. PE."

"I thought you would be good at sports since you train so much."

"I dance Jungkook." He snorts. "I don't run a marathon like a headless chicken."

"Aish, kids these days are so lazy." Mr Kang spits. "Look at you. Half the class gave up before we even started. What am I doing in this school?" He mutters and drops the net that contains the balls for us to play. "Help yourselves." Yong-Sik and another classmate of mine run to catch the soccer ball.

What the heck is he doing at our side of the court?

"Ms Sung' class is going to join you for soccer. So instead of spending time to choose teams your classes will compete against one another." Our PE teacher tells us and my blood boils.

He isn't supposed to be in the same space as me let alone the same court.

But this will be interesting.

I will enjoy beating him down to the curb. I was always on his team, because he would only choose the best.

Now we're on opposite fields.

We' re enemies.

" I say we take this opportunity to get back at him." Jimin says in a whisper.

I totally agree with you my friend.

didn't want to get back at Yong-Sik during the game.

No, that would have been pointless.

Because my team won.

And I didn't want to spoil that moment.