Chapter 17: Back to School

The week between Christmas and New Years went by. Like every year, Rose and the rest of family went to the Potter's house for New Year's Eve. It was funny to watch everyone of age get tipsy. A/N: In the wizarding world, as we all know, 17 is of age, so I believe that is the drinking age too.) This year, it was the first time since James turned 17 that he got drunk. Rose couldn't stop laughing at him. Sure the adults got tipsy, but James was definitely drunk. He would definitely be feeling it in the morning. Then Rose couldn't stop herself from letting all the laughter out, James's girlfriend Alejandra was just as drunk as him. She had stayed with the Potter's the week after Christmas. Then, Albus said something.

"I'm never going to let him forget this." Albus said between laughs.

"Let's hope were not this bad." Rose responded giggling, as she watched James and Alejandra  stumble around mutter things.

"That's two years away, no guarantee." Albus responded.

The rest of the night went on, the underage wizards continued laughed at the tipsy adults, and then midnight hit. Everyone that had a partner kissed, and James and Alejandra stumbled upstairs.

"I'm afraid to ask what their about to do." Rose giggled to Albus.

"Oh, don't worry I'm sure I'll hear it." Albus chuckled.

The two 15 year olds laughed with the rest of their cousins and siblings. Soon after, everyone went home.

***

A few days after New Years, Rose woke up early to pack her trunk. She would be going back to school today. She was so excited to see Scorpius. She really wanted to talk to him in person about her gift. She just couldn't wait to see the tall, blond, muscular, sliver-eyed boy again. She continued to throw her clothes and books back in her trunk, and then went back downstairs to eat.

Rose quickly ate her breakfast, and waited for Hugo to finish. Soon after, Rose loaded her things in the car, and the family of four drove to King's Cross Station.

After the long car ride, they were finally at King's Cross Station, and Rose almost sprinted out of the car.

"Well, someone's eager to get back to school." Ron said as he watched his daughter get her tings at super speed.

Rose just playfully rolled her eyes at him, as they made their way toward the wall where Platform 9 3/4 was. She then ran directly through the wall, and noticed all the families that were at the busy platform. Her eyes immediately started looking for a platinum blond head.

While Rose was doing this, Scorpius had done the same thing. He arrived at the platform, and he automatically started looking for red-heads. Usually when there was a group of red-heads standing around, Rose was in the middle of them.

He couldn't wait to see her again. Sure, it had only been a few weeks, but he had missed her. He really wanted to talk to her in person about the necklace. He then looked around some more, and he saw a group of red-heads, and in the middle of them was Rose, laughing about something. He wanted to just run over to her, and wrap his arms around her, but he couldn't. So, he would wait until she got on the train. Scorpius said goodbye to his father, and boarded the train. He went to his and Albus's compartment and put his stuff down, and then made his way to the Prefect's carriage to wait for Rose.

Rose hugged her mum and dad goodbye, she wouldn't see them until her next Quidditch match, and headed on the train with Albus.

"Hey, can you put my stuff in the compartment, I have to go do rounds." Rose asked.

"Who said you were sitting in our compartment?" Albus playfully questioned in response.

"I just did, now if you don't mind, I will see you in two hours." Rose smirked as she shoved her stuff towards Albus, and he just gave her an eye roll in reply.