Part One

It was 10:47 PM. The sun was still out. We were all watching a movie on the couch when the alarms started to go off. By the time we were outside, the entire complex was engulfed by the wild inferno. We had everyone. Everyone got out of the blaze before it got too much, Michael, Calum, Ashton, Blair and L-Luke. Luke. Where was Luke?

"Please, Our friend is in there! His name is Luke Hemmings! Please help! We were in apartment 709!" I yelled frantically.

"You heard her, move, move, move!" One of the firefighters yelled, still attached to his tank of oxygen. Minutes later, they pulled out a body. It was Luke. He was still breathing but they had an ambulance waiting to take him to to the hospital. He was there on the stretcher, his almost lifeless body. His hair was still the same way it was just minutes before. His face, his eyes everything about him was the same. He was fine. He was doing good.

We all got it Michael's truck and followed the ambulance to the hospital. When we got inside they already had Luke attached to machine after machine, checking his vitals. He was still conscious, still responding. The doctors left. I sat down next to him and placed hand on his.

"What happened? You were in front of me." I asked him.

"I was, but I got you in front of me to ensure you got out." He replied with his usual goofy smirk painted across his face.

"Well thank you Luke, you goofball." I placed my head on him arm and dozed off. I woke up to more alarms. This time it was Luke's machines. They were frantically beeping.

"Nurse! Nurse in here!" I called and within seconds I was escorted out of the room as it filled with nurses and doctors. Then there was nothing. The machine flatlined.

Luke.

The roll his stretcher down the hall and around the corner to the operation room. That was the last time is I saw Luke awake.