since that night that cedric made them fall down the stairs in the common room the two had been hanging out more often. just them. alone. sure they had been doing that before but there was something else about it. lydia was seeing the boy in a much different light. a much more attractive light.

"lydia!" speaking of the devil. cedric was rushing towards her, as he dragged his robe onto his shoulder. his messy dirty blonde hair had not been groomed yet she could tell.

"in a rush, aren't we?" she asked taking a step back as he nearly fell on top of her due to his anxiousness.

"couldn't keep you waiting now, could i?" he asked with a grin as she rolled her eyes as a small blush spread across the bottom of her neck. which was hidden, luckily.

"let's go" she urged grabbing onto his elbow dragging the boy into the hall with her. cedric was much taller than her. she was only 5'2, which hugely contrasted with him being 6 foot.

people did stare, but not as many as usual. that was only because people has gotten used to seeing the hufflepuff students together. they were both perfect and they weren't going out? it confused everyone to new levels. they obviously liked eachother anyone could tell. except maybe them.

after settling down in their seats the hall waited another ten minutes before it silenced with dumbeldore walking to the front "the castle will not only be your home this year... but home to some special guests as well" low whispers began to spread through the students at this news.

"you see, hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event" excitement spread throughout every cell of lydia's small body as she latched onto tyler's hand squeezing it tightly. the boy would've tried pulling it out of her grip knowing she could squeeze it till the circulation cut off, but knew it was no use.

"for those of you who do not know. the triwizard tournament brings three schools for a series of magical contests" would her cousins be coming? "from each school, a single student is selected to compete" lydia felt like she had read somewhere about the event.

"now let me be clear. if chosen, you stand alone. and trust me when i say  these contests are not for the faint- hearted. but there is time to discuss that later. the schools who will be joining us are the beauxbatons academy and durmstrang institute of magical learning"

and after that anything else dumbeldore had said went through one ear and out the other because lydia was ecstatic. she was basically bouncing in her seat as she turned to her friends with a blinding smile. she couldn't even control the french as it came out of her mouth. her native language was always something special to her, she treasured the fact she was fluent in it and sometimes forgot she was not surrounded by others who couldn't speak it.

" savez-vous ce que cela signifie?mes cousins viennent. oh mon dieu! je peux voir fleur, elle avait encore ma chemise qu'elle a emprunté l'année dernière! que-" she was cut off as a hand slapped over her mouth.

she didn't notice the eyes that had trailed over to her from other house tables, because that was what lydia did. she grabbed the attention in the room without realising. but when she spoke french her voice was hypnotising. and that she could blame on her veela blood.

"remember kitty cat. not all of us speak french" elena said removing her hand from her friends mouth. although elena knew some french due to her visiting the blake house nearly every break she didn't understand it when lydia spoke.

"remind me to ask your mèmè for that french dictionary" sharon mumbled as she stared at lydia. she also had been round the blake household enough to learn a bit, but that was only because of her and lydia's father, noah, both trying to learn it.