Pleasant weather whilst unpleasant moods

Começar do início

***

"Zubiyaaaa, meri jaan! Tum yahan kapre press kar rahi hou aur mein tumhein pooray ghar mein dhoond raha hoon." Asfandyar broke itno the laundry with a bang almost jolting Zubiya up. Zubiya was pressing Asfandyar's white dress shirt for the meeting at the night.

"Oufhou Asfi!!! Sab se phele tou aram se aaya karein aur dusri baat mein ne apko hazar baar bola hai yeh baby janu itna uncha uncha na kiya karein. Mama baba mein se kisi ne kabhi bhi sun liya tou kya sochein gey?" She complained, meanwhile resisting herself from breaking itno a smile.

She was wrong when she thought that she was marrying a senior doctor- a real mature. In contrast she had married a nine year old. Eager for attention and love, mischievous and annoying to the right edge.

"Aur mein ne tumhe hazaar baar bola hai ke ager sunte hain, tou sunlein. Tum meri girlfriend nahi hou jou kisi ko ajeeb lagay ga, you're my 'wife'. Tou meri marzi ke mein tumhein Zubiya bolon, ya baby bolon ya kuch aur bolon, you get it !?" He rejoindered.

Inko kon samjhaye abb! She thought to herself, shaking her head with her usual defeat in the arguments with him.

"Kher, aap mujhe kyun dhoond rahay hain?" She changed the topic instantly.

"Woh isliye takay mein puch sakoon ke aap ne bhabhi ke through bahir, baarish mein janey ki sifarish karwayi hai? Well a good try, I must say." He probed her giving her a smirk.

"Sifarish tou nahi karwayi thi mein ne. Sirf unko bola tha ke mujhe bahir jana hai." She tried to explained as coils of her hair came loose of her bun that was dangerously hanging low near her neck. Asfandyar pulled the tendrils back, while Zubiya pressed the shirt.

"Tou aap mujhe bata detein na, sath mein bahir chaltay dono. Baarish enjoy karne."

Zubiya couldn't believe her ears for a minute, she was living such a rare moment of her life. He was suggesting himself that they could've gone out in rain, the rainpour, that usually makes him cranky and uncomfortable. What for real?

"Tou theek hai, abhi chaltein hai na! Baarish tou abhi tak horahi hai." She quirked, her eyes shining with merriment.

"Abhi? Nahi abhi nahi. Abb tou aap ne raat ko event ke liye tyari karni hai na? You'll be late otherwise."

"Dekha, mujhe pata tha. Aap aur mujhe baarish mein janein dein? Impossible!! Iss duniya ke hotey hoye tou yeh hou hi nahi sakta. Baarish aur Dr Asfandyar Ali Khan are two entirely different creations. Immisicible, like water and oil ." She taunted him, disappointed by his sudden refusal for going out.

"Dr Zubiya Asfandyar Ali Khan I'm the man of my words. I swear I could have taken you out. But abhi time short hai. Aap ne ready honay mein time lagana hai I know. Isliye abhi nahi. But I promise, ager raat ko baarish ho rahi hoyi, after the meeting, we'll both go out. Together. Okay?" He assured her as she turned off the thermostat of the iron and took the shirt in her hands carefully.

"Promise?" She asked again.

"Promise!!" He responded. "And oh thankyou for pressing my shirt. I love you meri jaan." He added loudly and started laughing. While Zubiya clenched her teeth and nearly shouted, "Asfiiii" She shook her head like always, sighed heavily and laughed a silly laugh. While Asfandyar just shrugged his shoulders with a mischief still remaining in his eyes.

When had he turned so good in teasing me? She thought to herself for the hundredth time after she got married to him, smiling. Then she went into her room to take a shower.

***

As she moved the wooden hair brush through her wet locks touching the end of her back, she became annoyed with every passing moment. Water droplets drippled from the edges one by one, making the back of her shirt wet. The wet strands of her auburn-gold hair sticking with her skin, giving a cooling sensation after a warm shower made her uncomfortable and incresed the bar of frustration in her mood. The same time she was brushing, she wanted to break out the entire conditioner in her hair and just comb it through.