CHAPTER 13- Poor Allen...

ابدأ من البداية

She froze. She might not know that much about Philippine mythology, but at least she knew could recognize a tikbalang*[1] at first glance. But then again, if any Filipino had seen a person that had hairy hooves for feet, a tail and also a horse head stop at the doorway of their room and then look at them crazily, they would've recognized one too. (and also would've run away screaming.)

"Uh, guys..." She looked at them, though they were too busy to notice.

He raised his eyebrows. "Well, I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure that after everything, it's a situation that needs help."

"GUYS..."

"HE'S THE SUPREME DEITY OF EVERYTHING!!! HE DOESN'T NEED HELP-"

The tikbalang then neighed angrily, clomping his feet, and charged.

Maya scowled. "OH, SHUT UP!" she exclaimed, and stabbed it mid-charge, successfully making it go bye-bye.

She then closed the door, locking it, and the bickering started again.

"OK, OK, CUT IT OUT!!!" Talia exclaimed, successfully cutting them off. She sighed, forcefully smiling at them, her hands clasped. "Yeah, I know. You guys mad, want to help, but if you guys didn't notice, fighting is not helping. And please, before that 'Apol' tries to kill us, tell me, WHAT IS GOING ON?!! LIKE, WHAT SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT HIM, WHO IS THAT GUY THAT APOL WENT TO THAT MADE HIM SO POWERFUL, AND ALSO, WHY DO YOU TREAT HIM LIKE HE'S VOLDEMORT?!!? CAUSE, UH, IN CASE YOU DIDN'T NOTICE," She picked up her dagger and gestured to herself. "I'M A 16-YEAR-OLD THAT DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PHILIPPINE MYTHOLOGY, AND ONLY GOT HERE, LIKE, THIS MORNING!!! ALSO YES, I'M SORRY I ASK SO MANY QUESTIONS, BUT, OH WAIIIT, WHY DO I-OH, THAT'S RIGHT. I. KNOW. NOTHING."

......

Ribu made a slow clap. "At least you learned how to make good speeches in this experience???"

Maya glared, silencing him as she turned to Talia. "Uh, okay kid, it seems that this day didn't go quite as planned, and since we don't have a lot of time, I'll just put it like this..."

She stopped for a moment, thinking. "Uh, in the past, he was actually our ally. It was all good, but then we had a slight...misunderstanding with him-"

Ribu snorted. "'Slight?' Sure, let's call it that-"

"Ribu," Maya said warningly.

"Fine, I'll let you talk."

"And I guess he still held a grudge against that, so-"

"He was angry and 'cause of that, we're pretty sure he made an agreement with our number one enemy to help with revenge."

"RIBU-"

"So, does that clear it up for you?" Ribu said, staring at her intensely.

Talia paled. Ribu could be really scary when he was serious. "Uh, one last question...exactly who is the guy Apol went to?"

"Oh, him?" His gaze darkened. "His name is Sitan*[2], a bad guy who's the deity of the underworld, also a guy that just happens to hate Bathala. A lot."