Chapter 13 ~ We're in the endgame now

ابدأ من البداية

He nods as he gets up. "Yeah. Yeah, I should be good." Then he looks at me, who's still out of it as I giggle at the air. "What's up with her."

"She might have a concussion and is in a daze right about now." Bruce answers.

They run through the forest and find Dad with Wanda and Vision.

"Everyone, on my position. We have incoming." Dad says, pressing his com and then runs over to Bruce when he sees him carrying me. "What's wrong with her?" He asks concernedly as he holds his arms out for me. Nat, Sam, T'Challa, and Okoye join us.

Bruce puts me in his arms. "Hit her head on a rock wall, might have a concussion, and is in a daze." He answers as I just continue to giggle at nothing.

"I got this," Nat says and comes over to Dad, who's holding me. She indicates for Dad to put me down and he does. She bends down to my level and slaps me hard across the face.

I jolt up, immediately snapping out of the daze I was in as I look around. I look Nat in the eyes. "Ow!" I say as I rub my cheek.

She shrugs. "It worked, didn't it?"

I smile at the blonde woman in front of me. "Thanks," I say as she helps me to my feet.

We all stand around, on high alert as we look around.

"What the hell?" Nat says.

We hear a noise and that's when we see a blue-black cloud appear and Thanos himself stepping out of it.

"Cap. That's him." Bruce confirms what we all were thinking.

"Eyes up. Stay sharp." Dad orders.

Bruce reaches Thanos first, lunging forward to punch him, but Thanos uses the Space Stone and incases him in rocks. Dad goes for him and Thanos hits him back with the Power Stone. Roy and I share a look and nod, both thinking the same thing. I distract and he attacks. I run at the titan and punch him twice, but that does nothing two him. It's like hitting a brick frickin' wall. This time I try to put as much of my speed into my punches as I run at the titan once again, but he manages to grab me by the throat while I'm running at him. I stare at him in shock at how he could do that. No one else has done that before because I'm always too fast for them.

Thanos stares at me. "You have heart, little one." He says to me.

I struggle in his grip. "And you... have some nerve coming to this planet. Are you ready Roy?" I look over the titan's shoulder.

Thanos looks back just as Roy slides, kicking his knee and making him buckle. Thanos lets me go and I buckle on my knees, coughing as I regain my breath. Roy raises his katanas at Thanos, but I see the Power Stone on the gauntlet glow and I already know what he's about to do to Roy.

"No!" I say and run in front of Roy just as Thanos punches. The punch sends both of us flying back, further in the forest.

My back hits a tree and I fall to the ground. Head pounding and vision blurry.

"Roy?" I call out as I try to find him through my blurred vision. I hear him groan and it sounds close by too.

"Are we dead?" He groans and then starts coughing.

"Not yet," I answer him as my vision starts to come back to me. I try to sit up, but I can't, everything hurts.

"Jeez. We just got Falcon punched with the Power Stone." He groans again.

"We need to help them," I say.

"Yup." He groans once again.

We both try to push ourselves up. I manage to sit myself up against a tree and Roy crawls over, laying his head on my lap.