C H 3

NILSA

As I reach my destination, I pay the driver and get my suitcase then I see my childhood house. Our house

I knock the door and my older sister greet me. Madge hug me tightly and her face went to my neck as I feel her tears. I rub her back "Shush now, I am here" I say. We break our hug and went to our father's bedroom.

As I get inside of the room, I saw my father with a wire on his hand and having a cord on his nose. I feel my tears are going down the I went beside him and sit to reach his hands with my shaking ones.

I whisper to his ear and say,  "Dad, I am here now. I will never leave again" I plead to the heavens that he could hear me. I pray that he will wake up soon.

Madge speak about our father's health. "We found him at your room. He was crying and mumbling your name. He started to act like that when you leave this house. You should forgive her, Nil. Our father misses you" she told me as she hug my shoulder.

"Then suddenly, I heares a large thud and I hurriedly went to your room. He is laying at the floor then we went to the hospital." Madge continue

I caress Madge's arms and lean to her. I wish I could tell anyone but I don't want to worry about me. This is my problem, I should solve it alone.

For a past few weeks, Our father still sleeping. Madge and I are taking care of him. I voluntary to pay my father's bill at the hospital. Then one night, I am fixing the pillow of my father when I see his eyes are now open.

I was about to call Madge when he stop me from walking then I sit on the side of the bed. "Nil....Nilsa....." he say as he tried to talk.

"What father?" I stroke my father's hair and look into his eyes and smile at him. "He reach his hands to me and say, "I miss you.... And I am sorry.." I saw his tears on his eyes.

I kiss his forhead then say, "I am sorry too... Dad" As I feel again my tears. My father wipe my tears and caress my face then I lean on his touch.

"Nilsa, I have something to tell you" Father says, I hold his hand where my face is. "What is it, Dad?" I asks

"I want you to get married." My father says. I laugh at him and say, "I don't even have a boyfriend. Dad" My father straight his body as he lay in comfortable posotion.

"No Nilsa, You will marry my friend's son" My father explain. I immediately stand up and look at him, "Why suddenly?" I asks him then I continue befor he say anything " You don't even tell me about this"

He reach my hand and look at me, "Please daughter, I have sickness already and I don't even know what time I will be dead. I want to walk my daughter in the altar and to see my granchildren" he says

"My days are counted" He continue to say. I hold his hand, "Stop saying about that" I plead to him to stop talking nonsense.

"Fine. But you have to promise me to get married" He look at me in the eyes. I don't want to dissapoint him even we have a conflict in the past. This is the only way I can repay my father and make things right between us.

"Yes Dad, I promise" I smile to him to show my approval on this arrange marriage.

Even the marriage is not yet happend, I want immediately a divorce.