I run all the way back to my apartment and I instantly lay down on my couch. I start to cry and then I grab my phone. I see that Nick posted a photo about fifteen minutes ago. That's when we were inside the museum looking at the stars.

The notification I got in there was this post

The notification I got in there was this post. He posted this right before everything happened. I'm the worst person ever.

I chuck my phone across the room and it hits the wall. I sink further into the couch and all I can do is cry.

(Nick's POV)

After Morgan ran I didn't know what to do. How could she just run? I thought she loved me too? She said a while ago it felt like love at first sight.

I feel so crushed and so broken.

I get in my car and I start to drive all the way back to New Jersey. It's my hometown and I need to talk to my mom about everything. She will tell me what to do. She has the best advice.

[One long ass drive later]

It's currently 10pm when I get to my house. She is probably asleep. I knock on the door and I wait for my mom to answer it. When she does she looks at me so confused and so surprised. She had no clue I was coming.

"Nick! Baby!" She wraps me in a huge hug and sways me back and forth. "I didn't know you were coming!"

I smile and I let go of her, "Well I didn't know I was coming either."

"What do you mean?" We walk into the house and we sit down on the couch together.

"Mom, I screwed up."

"What happened?"

"I told a girl I loved her," I say.

"Why is that a bad thing?"

"She ran," I say. "I don't know what I did. I thought she felt the same way. She told me she needed to be with me and that she thought it was love at first sight."

"Oh, Nick. I didn't even know you were dating this girl. How long?"

"About two months now," I say. "I know it seems early to say I love you but, mom, you don't understand. I've never felt this way before. I just have this feeling that I have to be there with her."

"Then don't give up on her," she says. "Love is a very strong word and she probably just took it by surprise. You can't just give up on her though. You have to fight for her and show her that's it's okay that she didn't say it back. Maybe she does love you, but she is scared to take the next step. Just don't give up on her yet."

"Thank you, mom."

She smiles, "Of course, baby. Now get ready for bed. It's late and I know you are tired."

"I love you, mom."

"I love you too."

[3:37 AM]