4. "It made me want to vomit hearts and butterflies"

Start from the beginning

I passed him the note hesitanly afraid of his reaction. He read what I had written and then glanced at me. He started scribbling and my heart started beating faster. He passed me the note.

"Maybe not"

Jerk.

He laughed at my face and went back to reading his book, a proud smirk hanging from his lips.

I took the pen and started writing.

"Just tell me when you reach the part where Matthiew dies"

I passed him the note. The look on his face was priceless. He started writing a response, his hand going faster than usual, probably cussing me out for spoiling or asking for more information. But before he could I grabbed my bagpack and left the cafeteria with a smirk on my face.

The rest of the day I kept my eyes on Hero. I would smile at him casually and he'd just blush rolling his eyes. In history class I couldn't stop looking at him. Everythime I'd turn around to look at him he would never look at me. I could see him smiling though, while reading his textbook.

The thing is that Bradley was sitting exactly behind him, so everytime I looked he assumed that I was staring at him and not Hero. I rolled my eyes when I saw the smirk on his face. I looked back at Hero who was writing something down. In the next few seconds I felt something hit the back of my head. It was a crambbled piece of paper. I looked behind me to find Hero with a smirk on his face.

Ugh I've grown to him I'm telling ya.

I took the paper and read it. "Stop staring at me, idiot :)"

I bit my lip smiling while I wrote a response. "Idiot?" I tossed it to him.

He rolled his eyes when he read my response. "You are still here, so I guess you're an idiot" he wrote back.

I looked at him weirdly.

"You're still here too, so I guess that makes you an idiot as well?"

"I fucking hate you" I watched him write with the biggest smile on his face. 

"Hate me all you want pretty boy. I can stare as long as I like"

He chuckled which made a few heads from around the classrom turn to him. He was always the quiet kid. He never let a sound out. He didn't respond back and I assumed it was because he was embarrassed that he got caught. He put his hood on and laid back on his seat continuing his work.

Seriously, he never smiles to anyone in this school?

How is the world surviving without it?

I took another piece of paper and I wrote. "Fuck them all. Keep laughing, Hero. Life is beautiful"

He's response came slower than usual. "Not when you are deaf and this fucking world reminds you of it every single second"

I kept tossing his notes but he ignored all of them. When I was about to give up, I suddenly heard a voice.

"Give it! Give it I just wanna see" Bradley said. I turned my head back seeing Bradley trying to grab one of my notes from Hero. Hero shook his head trying to take the paper back.

The whole class turned to them. "What's going on there?" The teacher asked putting the book down and taking off her glasses.

Bradley grabbed the note to his hands as I saw the color of Hero's face completely leaving him.

"Josephine and Hero are exchanging notes in the middle of the class. I told them to stop but Hero fought me back" Bradley said. Hero was looking at his face intensly probably trying to understand what he was saying. When he read his lips, he fell back letting out a sigh.