Chapter 44

I finally arrived at my English class only about 4 minutes late.

I slowly opened the door, as the teacher glared at me.

"Homework." She hissed as I walked up to her desk.

"Yes, ma'am.. h-here it is." I said, holding the paper out for her to take.

"I'm surprised you even showed up today, saying that you skipped almost every class on your first day last week." She spat, yanking the paper from my hands and putting it on her desk.

"Y-Yes, ma'am.. I'm sorry." I quietly said, looking down at the ground and putting my hands behind my back. "There was a lot going on that day, and-"

"ENOUGH. STOP TALKING. GET TO YOUR SEAT, YOU'VE WASTED ENOUGH OF CLASS TIME WITH YOUR BLABBERING!" She yelled, as my head shot up. Wide-eyed, and tears ready to fall, I clenched my fists, holding the tears back as I walked to my desk.

"Aw.. is the crybaby gonna fucking cry?"

"You're in 12th grade, not 1st, stop being a baby."

"This isn't kindergarten anymore, you baby."

Multiple people hissed at me as I kept my head down and slowly made my way to my desk.

I sat down, and took my bookbag off. Putting it under the desk, between my feet.

I put my head down on my desk, and tried to block out all the voices by squeezing my eyes shut.

"Please.. stop." I muttered to myself as I put my hands over my ears before blacking out.

(2 hours and 30 minutes later)

I shot my head up, hearing the bell ring.

I shook my head slightly and blinked, trying to regain my senses. I looked around to see everyone packing up their bags and standing up.

After everyone was out of the room, besides my teacher, I stood up and walked to the door.

"Don't be late tomorrow, Ms. Violets." She hissed, before I walked out of the door, shutting it behind me.

I walked to my locker and unlocked it. Grabbing the books I needed for my next classes. I sighed, and locked it back.

(After the next two classes are over)

I walked back to my locker, yet again unlocking it and putting my books in.  And grabbing my lunchbox from my backpack. I stuffed my backpack in my locker and locked it back.

I made my way to the small.. playground..? I wouldn't even call it that actually.. it's just a small field with a few picnic tables and a huge oak tree in the middle.

I walked out, and went over to the oak tree. "Wow- this is the first time that no one else is over here." I thought to myself, sitting down against it.

I opened my lunchbox to see that Anti had packed me a slice of leftover pizza and a bottle of water.

I take the bottle of water out to see a sticky note attached to the bottom:

"Hope you enjoy your lunch, Mary! Sorry, I couldn't make anything.. I woke up late, and didn't have enough time after I picked out your outfit. :D"

I smiled to myself, and folded the note in half, sticking it back in my lunchbox. I grabbed the pizza, and started eating it.

Enjoying my lunch.. for once.