10. Bucket list (Taehyun)

Start from the beginning

the list. then i gasped in realization. 

oh god, tomorrow's my birthday.

i felt like giving up. it was still gone, and i didn't know what to do to finish it.

"hey, y/n." taehyun greeted from the sidewalk, blurring my thoughts.

i smiled, "hey." i waved at him as i locked the door behind me.

i guess today's gonna be a long day... 

_

those footsteps got louder and louder just like my heartbeat. i gulped, taking in a deep breath in an attempt to calm myself down.

"miss y/n."

"hm?" i hummed in response. 

a paper was thrown onto my desk, making me flinch. as i scanned through it, i saw red marks all over the test paper. then at the last page, i saw why mr. kim was annoyed.

5/25. 20% 

i sighed, finally looking up to see him scowling at me.

"you better sort your problem out, y/n. if not, you won't make it to the next grade." he boomed, calling out the attention of my classmates. blood started to rush onto my neck out of embarrassment. as i looked down, frustrated tears formed on my eyelids.

when the bell rang, i quickly threw all my stuff into my backpack, the tears starting to roll down my cheeks. feeling angry at myself, i pushed the chair with all my power before stomping out of the class.

everyone - including the teachers - glared curiously at me as i walked through the hallways. i didn't care, i kept on walking even though some people called for me.

he's right. the bucket list is stupid. 

"hey!" that one voice that kept on calling me finally yelled, making me freeze on the spot. everyone else started to gather around to see the commotion i caused - not that it was a big of a deal.

i slowly took another step, but before i could take another one, taehyun pulled me out of the crowd. 

"what happened?" he asked, genuine concern in his tone. he leaned down to my level, constantly caressing my shoulders with both of his hands.

"i... i don't want to talk about it." i croaked, my throat all dry.

"come on, let's go somewhere." he breathed, handing me a bottle of mineral water.

i nodded and took the bottle, letting him engulf me in his embrace before walking out of the school.

_

"it's..."

"yep, come on." he said before i even got to finish my sentence. with the night stars twinkling and the colorful lights illuminating the scenery, he dragged me closer towards the place.

splashes of the ocean waves soothen my soul, all the other noises blurry as i walked in my own world.

"y/n? hello?" i was quickly snapped away from my own world as soon as i realized we stopped. he was calling me as he stood in front of me, waving his giant hands close to my face.

"oh god, sorry." i sneered, looking around the place we stopped in.

"it's okay..." his voice faded away as i admired the scenery. city lights with all sort of colors and sizes filled the bay, flickering while spreading the city charm. up above the border between the ground and the sky, the stars were shining brightly as if they wanted to reach out to us. the dim moonlight was reflected by the still waters of the bay, moving like silk.