In the evening during the Mid-Autumn Festival, the entire family gathered to have a meal together at Wang Shi’s courtyard, but the place was only lacking of Gu Fangzi.

In Peony Park2, Gu Fangzi ate the cold and plain food all by herself as she gazed at the moon outside her window. The moon was bright, and it hung high up in the sky, reflecting a faint light beneath it and making the branches visible in the night.

She looked up at the moon before hanging her head low in self-pity, and her eyes turned red. Everything around her was quiet, and only the occasional breeze rustling the branches and leaves could be heard. In this silence, she seemed to be able to hear the faint laughter and lively atmosphere. Comparing it to the cold and silent one in here, Gu Fangzi felt even more miserable.

It doesn’t matter if the others don’t come to see me, but how can Big Cousin not do so! Not even a single greeting! Gu Fangzi could not hold back the huge anger in her heart, but little did she know that Shi Fengju had only made it home shortly before dinner.

Sang Wan, it must be that vixen pulling the strings!

Picturing Sang Wan, now dressed glamorously as she accompanied Shi Fengju, Gu Fangzi could not help but have a head full of hatred towards her.

At the courtyard, Ren Zhixian seemed to have become a little more obedient during the meal. He and his wife ate without any problems, and the others did so as well. Everyone had a wonderful meal.

Shortly after dinner, the entire family went to Furong Ting, which faced the waters, to watch a specially invited troupe perform in the open. As they chatted and watched the performance under the moonlight, the atmosphere was very lively.

It had been some time since Shi Yumei had watched a performance so peacefully that she did not care to find any trouble for Sang Wan. Wang Shi only cared to chat with her daughter and her in-law, and she was even more keen on not making things awkward for Sang Wan. Ever since Second Mistress’s daughter-in-law went back to her family, she was reluctant to return. Her face had been lifeless, and she was sure to not let her tongue run loose about her sister-in-law’s daughter-in-law. After busying herself for a few days, Sang Wan was finally able to relax. She went to the back and leaned her head on her arms before falling asleep.

All of a sudden, she felt someone putting a coat over her. Sang Wan gently opened her eyes and saw Liu Ya. With a smile, she said, “You sure are thoughtful! But it isn’t too cold on this day, so there’s no need for it! Why are you here and not watching the performance though? Hurry along, it’s enough to have a few of the other servants here, so there’s no need for the rest of you to serve here!”

The entire household’s management servants, masters, as well as the other maidservants, liked to watch the opera. Zhide, Liu Ya, and the rest even urged Sang Wan to hurry along. At this time, the masters, esteemed management servants, as well as the other nannies sat at a side while around them were large groups of servants stretching their necks to watch the scene of bustle.

Wang Shi liked the liveliness, so she ordered for a few long benches to be placed at the side with many melon seeds and candies for the servants to enjoy among themselves. She felt that the more people there were, the more lively the atmosphere would be.

Hearing so, Liu Ya sneered and laughed, “Nubi was enjoying the opera, but Sir suddenly called nubi over. He said that Ma’am is tired and might catch a cold sleeping outside, so he had nubi bring Ma’am a coat! Ma’am, look at how thoughtful Sir is towards you ah!”