Imagine #19 - Michael

Start from the beginning

Her lips pull into a sly smile, "Always."

"Uh, I saw a Chinese place not too far away," he suggests, "Do you like Chinese?"

"That sounds great, I'm not picky," she flashes him a smile. "Lead the way."

"You ever ridden a motorcycle?" He smiles back, more confident than before.

Again, that wry smile adorns her lips, "Many times. They're my favourite means of transportation."

"Great," he says as he gets to his bike, "Then you should like this."

"I will," she whispers as she gets on behind him, wrapping her arms around his chest.

He swallows hard, enjoying her surprisingly cold arms embracing him. His body radiates warmth, something he is acutely aware of.

Before he can even start his bike, four other engines rumble as they approach. The girl behind him glares daggers at them, but they seem undaunted.

~

You glare at them, David especially. They knew you were trying to get away from them for a night and yet here they are.

"Y/n, what are you doing," David asks icily.

You run your tongue over your sharp teeth, "None if your business, David."

Michael seems uncomfortable about this turn of events, but he has a defensive posture and angles himself so that he is blocking most of you from them.

"Y/n," his voice holds an unspoken threat.

How dare he threaten you!

"David," you growl back menacingly.

Michael looks between you uncertainly. The playful smirks have fallen from Paul and Marko's faces and Dwayne tenses.

David pauses before loosening up a bit, "I'm David."

Michael nods, "Michael."

"That's Dwayne, Marko, and Paul," David continues, lighting a cig. "You new here, Mikey?"

Michael opens his mouth to answer, but you interrupt.

"It's none of your business."

He frowns, "I was just being polite. Striking a conversation."

"We were just going to eat," you explain.

Before he can invite himself and the boys, you add, "By ourselves."

Marko pouts, Paul frowning as if hurt. You ignore them.

David is loosing his cool, "Y/n-"

You nudge Michael, "Let's go, Mike."

He obeys and starts his bike. Sending David a warning glare, you drive away on the back of Michael's bike.

The four boys stare after you.

~

As you enter the restaurant, you apologize to Michael, "I'm sorry about that. They get overprotective sometimes."

He shrugs it off, "It's fine. You related or something?"

"Not exactly, but they're like a family to me," you smile. "What about you? Got a family?"

"Yeah, a younger brother and my mom."

"Dad's not in the picture anymore?"

He shakes his head, "No, he isn't."

"Sorry, that's rough," you sympathize.

"Yeah," he adds.

You change the topic, "Liking Santa Carla so far?"

"It's nice, apart from being the murder capital of the world," he chuckles at the last part.

You laugh as well, "Uh-huh, that does put a damper on things. But, the beach is nice and the people can be good too."

"Those guys seemed nice," the sarcasm is evident.

"Ha, yeah. They can be nice when they want to be. Too bad they don't like strangers."

"Why is that?"

"Beats me," you shrug. "Anyways, Santa Carla can be dangerous, so keep your wits about you."

"Oh, they're always around me."

"I thought as much," you chuckle.

His grin widens. He really likes hearing your chuckle, and seeing the laughter light up your e/c eyes.

"I like your jacket," he says before taking a bite of his food.

"Thanks."

"Does the tree mean something?"

You think for a minute and nod, "Yeah. The tree represents eternal life, while the colour symbolizes death. It's like the tree is able to live forever because of the demise of others."

"Wow. Why do you wear it?"

You shrug, "I like the irony, I guess. Also, it's pretty."

He chuckles at your answer.

After you eat, you decide to take him back to the beach.

"You're right, the beach is nice," he says as he walks beside you.

You smile, "Of course I'm right. I'm almost always right."

"Is that a fact?"

"It is," you sprint ahead of him before splashing into the ankle deep water.

He hesitates before copying you, "I'm really glad I met you, Y/n."

"So am I," you whisper as he comes closer to you.

He looks into your eyes for permission before capturing your lips against his. You kiss him back, enjoying the sweet action.

"I'll meet you here tomorrow night," you tell him as you break away.

He nods, "Sure. What time?"

"When the sun is gone," you say with a wink before leaving him standing in the ocean wake alone.

Michael watches after you with a mystified expression.