008. hawks and hounds.

Start from the beginning

He made his way inside, sticking toward the walls. It wasn't long until Sakura made her presence known to the low level hero. The hero was pleased with her presence as she made her way into his lap, the men she brought with her also standing in the corner.

Hawks watched closely, acting like he didn't care on the outside. She walked away for a 'drink' he could see, only for her to take the hero's cup. She gave it to one of the hounds, who took a sniff, and then set it down.

A tracking quirk? That's it! He can track by scent. He's a hound. What about the other one? She whispered something into the other's ear. He nodded, a minuscule smile appearing in his face.

Hawks tried to distract himself but he was too intrigued. She was an enigma to him. How did she find these men? Why do they willingly work for her? This woman, Sakura. She's the most interesting person I've met in a long time. He caught her eye.

She smiled, bringing her long red nails up to her neck. She cut them across slowly, mimicking a dramatic death, sticking her tongue out. Hawks felt his eyebrows furrow, then looked at the hero. She was going to kill him?! That's not part of the deal!

Hawks shook his head slowly and Sakura broke into a laugh. The hounds next to her laughed as well. They exited out of the party, which confused Takami. He decided to follow, but in a less conspicuous way.

"Aren't you so excited?" Sakura said happily to her hounds, gleefully skipping. They didn't respond. "You both get a chew toy. Muzzle is off!"

This is completely different than her personality the other night? She's acting deranged? Was that part of her game? Takami watched as they turned a corner. He kept a close watch.

The lower hero from the party came around the other corner, stumbling. He left his own party for her? Hawks decided to get a better vantage point, spreading his wings and landing on a corner window ledge. He was watching their interaction from above.

"Hey, baby. You have a lot of explaining to do," Sakura said, lifting her leg to stop him from going any further into the alley way. "You've been a bad boy."

He slurred something and Sakura leaned in, kissing him. What is she doing? This is so weird. Should I be watching this? Hawks didn't leave though. He watched as a knife was held behind her back.

She brought it out, backing up and twirling it in her hand. "You're going to tell me everything about your comrades or that's the last kiss you'll ever get."

The hero shook his head and looked disoriented. She drugged him. But, he started speaking. Vomiting out everything he knew about the other heroes, right to her. Hawks noticed something, though. She was staring directly in his eyes. When she looked away, he stopped speaking.

Takami tilted his head. She can force people to tell the truth. That's what she did to me the other day when she asked if I would uphold the deal. He figured that's why she was a red daughter. She was probably fantastic at interrogations.

The hounds didn't do anything. They just stood there, watching Sakura do the heavy lifting. Hawks thought they were there for protection, like she said. But, he was starting to think they were lying.

What else could hounds do? Hawks thought to himself. One of them could track through scent. Retrieve, guide, and excellent hearing. That's it, super hearing. He could see one of the hounds staring up at him. They weren't guards at all. They were scary looking assets.

They knew he was there. So, Sakura probably knew too. Hawks didn't move though. He stood still. The hound then looked away from him. Sakura took the hero by his hair, slamming him down on the ground. She took her heel, slamming it through the side of his cheek.

Blood spurting out onto the alley way. She pulled out a gun, aiming it at him. She said something to him, then pulled the trigger.

"Can I see my phone, pretty please?" She asked one of the hounds, who handed her a pink flip phone. Sakura took a picture and appeared to send it.

Without any provocation, she whirled around and waved up at Hawks. She gave him the thumbs down and then a wave. Then, they were gone, much quicker than he anticipated.

Hawks flew down, inspecting the low level hero. He was definitely not alive anymore. Damn it. He sighed. I need to talk to her about the whole murder thing. Or she's going to gain a reputation like Stain did.

He walked home that night instead of flying. Hawks had a lot on his mind. More than he wished. He had villains to contend with, a vigilante with no self control, and a public to protect. All he wanted was a break.

Lucky for him, he invested in a recording system for his television. That night, he indeed sipped on soup and enjoyed the dramatics on the screen. Just with a hint of unnecessary murder on his mind. And a leather clad woman that slashed her knife into his brain.

 And a leather clad woman that slashed her knife into his brain