"Does he have a crush on you?" Ashley asked.

"I guess." Alayna said.

"Do you like him?" Ashley asked.

"No." Alayna said.

"So, are you going to audition for the musical with him?" Ashley asked.

"Yeah." Alayna said.

"Cool." Ashley said. "When are the auditions?"

"Until noon." Alayna said. "I'm going to go during my free period."

"Well, good luck." Ashley said.

After home room, Alayna headed to her first class. She saw Ryan and Sharpay at the call board. She stopped when she heard her name. "Why is Alayna Bolton auditioning?" Sharpay asked.

"I'm guessing because she wanted to." Ryan said.

"But she's an athlete." Sharpay said. "Why would she would she be interested in the musical."

"Maybe she wanted to try something new?" Ryan said. Sharpay stormed off. Ryan went over to Alayna.

"You said she wouldn't find out." Alayna said.

"She doesn't have to know that I'm auditioning with you." Ryan said.

"I have to admit I'm a little nervous." Alayna said.

"Meet me in the front of the cafeteria at lunch." Ryan said.

"We can go somewhere quiet and go over the song."

"Ok." Alayna said.

"I'll see you later." Ryan said. Alayna nodded before walking to class.

Later that afternoon, Alayna made her way to the cafeteria. She saw Ryan waiting outside the entrance. "Hey." He said. "Come on." He started walking down a hall and Alayna followed. They went into the music room. Ryan day at the piano and Alayna joined him. He set the sheet music on the stand. Alayna saw the song was called "What I've Been Looking For." Ryan started playing the piano and started to sing. When it got to the girls part, Alayna started singing.

After they finished singing, Alayna noticed Ryan looking at her. "What?" She asked.

"You really are a good singer." He said. Alayna blushed for the second time that day. She looked down at her lap to keep Ryan from seeing. "I talked to Ms. Darbus and she said that I could audition with both you and Sharpay." Ryan said.

"Sharpay's not going to be happy when she sees me auditioning with you." Alayna said.

"She won't find out." Ryan said. "Ms. Darbus said we could go first, so we can do our audition before Sharpay gets there."

"Ok." Alayna said as she stood up. "I'm going to go eat lunch."

"I'll see you at the audition." Ryan said.

"Ok." Alayna said, walking out of the room. Once she finished eating, Alayna headed to the auditorium. When she walked in, she saw Ashley sitting in a seat. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I came for moral support." Ashley said.

"Thanks Ash." Alayna said, hugging her.

"Alayna?" Someone said from behind her. Alayna turned around and saw her older brother.

"Troy?" She said.

"What are you doing here?" Troy asked.

"I could ask you the same thing." Alayna said.

"Are you two auditioning?" Troy asked.

"I'm not." Ashley said.

"You're auditioning?" Troy asked his sister.

"Ryan asked me to after he heard me singing in the bathroom during free period yesterday." Troy nodded.

Just then, Gabriella appeared. "Change your mind?" She asked Troy. She saw Alayna. "Hey."

"Hey." Alayna said. "Are you two auditioning?"

"No." Troy said.

"Oh Gabriella. This is my best friend, Ashley." Alayna said. "Ashley, this is Gabriella. Me and Troy met her at the ski lodge and then we found out that her Mom got transferred here."

"It's nice to meet you, Gabriella." Ashley said.

"You too, Ashley." Gabriella said.

"Ryan Evans and Alayna Bolton." Ms. Darbus called.

"Ready, Alayna?" Ryan asked.

"I guess." Alayna said. She followed Ryan up to the stage.

"Whenever you two are ready." Me. Darbus said.

Alayna looked out and saw Ashley, Troy, and Gabriella all give her a thumbs up. Kelsi started the music and Ryan started to sing. Soon Alayna joined in.

[Ryan]
"It's hard to believe that I couldn't see
You were always there beside me

[Alayna]
Thought I was alone, with no one to hold
But you were always right beside me

[Ryan]
This feeling's like no other
I want you to know

[Both]
I've never had someone that knows me like you do
The way you do
I've never had someone as good for me as you
No one like you
So lonely before I finally found what I've been looking for

[Ryan]
So good to be seen, so good to be heard
Don't have to say a word

[Alayna]
For so long I was lost, so good to be found

[Both]
I'm loving having you around
This feeling's like no other
I want you to know

I've never had someone that knows me like you do
The way you do
I've never had someone as good for me as you
No one like you
So lonely before I finally found what I've been looking for
Do-do-do-do, do-do-do-do-do-do, wo-o-o-oah
Do-do-do-do, do-do-do-do-do-do, wo-o-o-oah."-What I've Been Looking For from High School Musical

When they finished, Alayna heard Ashley, Gabriella, and Troy all clapping, quietly. "You were great." Ryan said.

"Thanks." Alayna said. Just then, she saw Sharpay walk in. Alayna hurried to where her brother, Ashley, and Gabriella were.

"That was awesome." Ashley said as she hugged Alayna. "I didn't know you could sing like that."

"Does Sharpay know you auditioned?" Gabriella asked.

"She knows I auditioned." Alayna said. "She doesn't know that I auditioned with Ryan." Gabriella nodded. They all sat in the seats and watched Ryan and Sharpay. They did a slightly faster version of the song than what Alayna and Ryan did. After they sang, Ms. Darbus called for last minute signups. Alayna and Ashley walked out of the auditorium.

That evening, Alayna was at her desk working on homework. "Hey Alayna?" Troy said, standing in her doorway.

"Yeah?" Alayna asked as she looked up from her homework.

"You sounded really good today." Troy said. "I know you're scared to sing in front of people, but you should show your voice more."

"Thanks Troy." Alayna said. Troy walked away and Alayna went back to her homework.