"What? Of course not!" Molly said indignantly. "Or...at least, I don't think so."

"It sure seemed that way to the boys."

"Well, if I did, I did not mean to. You have no idea how lonely I've been, Arthur. I just needed someone to talk to. I wanted to escape from all this mess."

Arthur took his hand back. "Then talk to me," he demanded.

"You have not been willing to talk."

Arthur had to admit she had a point there. "Okay...Talk to Andromeda, or any of our other friends, just not him." His tone became stern. "I told you how I feel about that."

"I thought we were trying to keep this a secret." That was partly why Molly did not talk to anyone else, but she did really enjoy spending time with Conner.

"Tell The Prophet we are having problems. Shout it from the rooftops," Arthur said, temper rising. "I don't care, as long as you don't go near him!"

"Do you not trust me?" Molly asked calmly.

Arthur did not reply. He used to trust her completely. Now, he wasn't sure what to think. It had been a month since they had seen each other. Her "friendship" with Conner seemed to have progressed a lot in that short time. From what his sons had told him, Molly had grown quite fond of Conner.

"Conner and I are good friends. I'm comfortable talking to him. That is all," Molly claimed.

Arthur stood and waved his wand. All the papers flew neatly into his briefcase. He looked her in the eyes. "Affairs are not always physical, Molly," he stated evenly before leaving her alone at the table.

In the upstairs bathroom, Arthur paced in anger and frustration. He punched the wall. If Molly hadn't spoken to him, he was sure he could have tolerated her being there. For her to approach him and deny anything was going on between her and Conner was absolutely audacious. Arthur took out his flask. He stared at it, contemplating. Over the past two weeks, he had done well with only drinking after the kids had gone to bed. It was barely noon. If he drank, it would calm him down. If he didn't, he was sure he'd blow up. Everyone was so happy he seemed to have things under control, and it was his son and daughter's birthday party. He didn't want to disappoint them. He took a long drink from the flask anyway. This wasn't what he wanted. None of this was what he wanted. What he wanted was for things to go back to normal: Fred wouldn't be dead, he never would have had that one night stand, he never would have hurt the love of his life, the family wouldn't be split, Molly would have never met Conner, he and Molly would still be together in the Burrow happy as ever. He hit the wall again then took another drink. Before going back downstairs, Arthur cast Reparo on the holes, wrapped his bloody knuckles in a bandage – he never was good at healing spells – and cast a Cheering Charm on himself. The charm wasn't strong enough to last more than a half hour, but hopefully, it would last long enough for him to reign in his anger.

George had been looking for his dad when Arthur came downstairs. "Hey, Dad. Could you go pick up the cakes? They weren't ready when we went earlier."

"Sure. Where at?"

"The bakery in Diagon Alley. Thanks." George went back outside.

Molly came in from the kitchen, having heard the exchange. "Here. I'll come with you."

"Why?" Arthur asked sharply.

"You'll need help carrying them," Molly stated matter-of-factly.

"Haven't you done enough?"

"I haven't done anything, actually," Molly answered his double-meaning about the party and about her and Conner.

"You're not going, Molly." Arthur did not move.

Weasley Family Falloutजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें