Now I Can See You

My name is (Y/n) (L/n). I was born blind. Ever since I lived I haven't seen anything. Everything. I did not even know what I looked like, what my parents looked like, or what animals look like. Even the world. They said the world was beautiful. But some said it was cruel. I didn't know who am I going to believe. But I only want one thing.

For me to see. For me to dream.

I was starting to lose hope. My world is so blank. Just blank. Nothing. I alway thought, why? Why me? Is this really my destiny? It's already been 14 years. 14 years of me not being able to see anything. I can read braille and do simple things, but that's not enough. I want to see things. I want to get out of this tribulation.

But then there is something that my parents said. It made me happy. It made me dream for the light. They said there is still a chance for me to have my vision. There is an operation that experts or doctors can do to make me see. But it won't be that easy. I still need to wait for years. But at least I know that there's still a reason for me to live. I just need to wait. To finally see the colors. To finally see everything. To finally see my dreams.

Despite all of these problems I have, it did not become a hindrance for me to have friends. In fact, even if I can't see him, I can feel that he is a true friend and he really cares for me. And this friend, is Asagiri Gen. Gen may be a creepy guy sometimes but he's a very sweet friend. We met at a park when I was four, and he was five. My mother said even if I can't see, I still need to go outside sometimes.

***Flashback 10 years earlier***

“Mom, where are we going?”

“We're going at the park!”

“But what will we do there? I can't even see what is in there.”

“Don't worry, even if you can't see, you can still hear. You might be even able to have friends!”

“But won't they get scared?”

“No they won't, don't worry, I'm with you. If they did anything bad, they will be sorry.”

“O-okay mom.. But please don't beat them up..”

“Haha, I won't sweetie. I was just joking.”

*****

“Mom, are we here?”

“Yes, now tell me what can you hear?”

“I can hear kids? And-”

“Hey!”

“H-hey? Are you talking to me?”

“Yes! I am Gen. Come and play with me!

“B-but... I can't... See.”

“Why?”

“I was born blind.”

“Oh.”