Stay Away From My Friends

He's gone. I can't find him, he's gone...

Six hours earlier...

"Come on." I said to my best friend, Kellin. Kellin is the same age as I am, 17, and has raven colored black hair. He also has the prettiest blue- green eyes. In the first grade, I punched him in the face for stealing my juice box. We've been best friends since then.

"No, I am not going." He almost shouted. Kellin and I are going to the creepiest abandoned park in Michigan at 10:00 pm. It is currently 9:50 pm.

"why not?" I exclaimed. He then sighed and said, "Because."

"Because why?"

"Because no!" he half laughed, "I don't want to end up dead or missing." I relaxed and assured him that would never happen.

"Are you sure Jenna?" I sighed, moved my dyed green hair out of my face, and looked at him as we started walking to the car.

"Yes, I'm sure." Eventually he stopped worrying, got into the car, and started driving.

The car ride was silent. Not a comfortable type of silence though. I felt like I was being watched, but, brushed it off. A few minutes later, the feeling of being watched came back, but this time stronger. Still, I thought nothing of it. When we got to the park, it was pitch black. That's normal for Michigan at this hour but, I don't know, I just have a weird feeling.

"Jenna, they told us that we have to record the whole thing, just to make sure we did it."

"Ugh we really need to get a new group of friends." I said jokingly. He laughed and said, "Yeah, but I wouldn't trade them for the world."

We got the camera set up then sat there in silence for a good thirty minutes.

"Do you feel that, the feeling of being watched? I'm getting an uneasy feeling from it."

"Uh yeah but it's fine, we'll be fine."

He just stayed quiet. Around midnight I started getting tired. The feeling of being watched went away but who knows, I could have just gotten used to the feeling. I ignored that little voice in my head telling me to leave and that it's not safe. I regret not listening to it.

"Kellin I'm getting tired so I'm just going to knock out if you don't mind.'

"Yeah no it's fine just sleep." I looked at him and said,

"Hey, if anything happens, not saying anything will happen, do not hesitate to wake me up."

"wow. Thanks for not creeping me out." he said sarcastically. I just glared at him and said goodnight. I lied down on one of the many blankets and pillows we brought, and almost instantly knocked out.

He's gone. I can't find him, he's gone. I woke up at 2:59 am with an uneasy feeling in my stomach. I looked around for Kellin, but he was nowhere to be seen. Before freaking out, I thought maybe he was in the bathroom.

He still didn't come after ten minutes so I decided that he was not in the bathroom. There was no way he could have gone exploring because one, he would have told me and two, Kellin hates going exploring by himself. He would have had a panic attack! I tried calling his phone but nothing. He wouldn't pick up the phone.

Kellin's POV

I fell asleep around 1:30 am. I woke up only to find myself in the middle of the woods. What am I doing here? I thought. I attempted to get up when a strong force pushed me down. Since when was someone here with me? I thought I was alone. The mysterious person was wearing a black hoodie and jeans. I tried asking who they were, but they wouldn't say anything. The person yanked me up quite harshly and lead me through the woods. Where to? I don't know.

Before we entered wherever were going, the person knocked me out. I woke up once again only this time I was on the cold hard floor, in a brightly lit room.

The person came into the room, this time with the hood off their head. Wait a minute... I know this person. This person is always creeping around the school. I have art with him. What's his name again? Oh right, Matty. Matty fucking Mullins. I despise him. He is so rude and creepy around everyone. He pulled me up with a smirk on his face. Oh, how I would like to slap that stupid smirk off his face. He shoved me onto a chair, securing me with chains very tight. I tried to escape his grasp, but it was no use.

A fabric was then put in my mouth as a gag. He pulled a Pocket knife out from behind him and slashed my right cheek. I whimpered in pain, but there was nothing I could do except to stay still. I felt a sharp pain as he stabbed my stomach, blood gushing out. He continued to stab, cut, and punch me, until I passed out from the blood loss. The last thing I heard was a wicked laugh, and a door slamming shut.

Jenna's POV

I called 911. They told me to calm down, but I couldn't stop sobbing. We should have never agreed to do this. I should have never pressured him to come. Now he's gone. My best friend, gone.

I eventually heard the police sirens and an ambulance. They got a police dog to sniff Kellin's jacket that he left behind and track his sent. All I had to do was wait. I called my friends and practically yelled at them and blamed them for everything. Of course, it was my dumb ass that got us into this situation, so they understood my frustration and didn't say anything about my accusation. They just tried to calm me down and comforted me. I guess I could try to fall asleep to the sound of sirens. Unfortunately, the sound was too loud, just like my thoughts.

After five hours of waiting, I got a phone call from the police telling me they found him, almost dead. The police told us to meet them at the nearest hospital. By us I mean the rest of my friends. I just hope that Kellin is okay. Please just be okay. I told our friends, Lynn, Justin, Vic, Mike and Alyssa where to go and that I would meet them there.

We got to the hospital only to find out that Kellin is in the ICU and is in critical condition. The nurses told us that only family could see him. Unfortunately, his parents are out on a business trip.

Finally, two hours of waiting in the hospital, we were finally allowed to see Kellin. My friends let me go in and talk to the doctors first considering I'm closer to Kellin. I wish I didn't. I found out that Kellin could fall into an undetermined coma. That terrified me. I went in and what I saw hurt me so much. Kellin was covered in bruises. His arms, neck, and face were tattered in cuts. I felt tears spill out from my eyes.

"Are you okay, what happen? Who did this to you?"

"You know the really rude and creepy kid at our school, Matty? Well, Matty did it." He said Matty with so much disgust, as if he had a sour taste in his mouth. And that sour taste was Matty.

"WHAT?! Are you kidding me?! That little shit will pay for whatever he has done I swear I will-" I cut myself off when I heard a painful groan come from Kellin.

"Jenna, you are the best friend anyone could ever have. You pushed me out of my comfort zone, even when I least wanted it. Thank you. Thanks for the memories. Thank you for the best times. Thank you for being there when I needed you most. Thank you for everything. I want you to know one thing though. This is not the end. Sometimes life doesn't turn out the way we plan, but know this, to live is just to fall asleep, to die is to awake." he said, quoting his favorite song lyric.
He then closed his eyes, for what I think could be forever.

~ The end