Don't Mess With Me

Tay POV

''Turn that fucking TV down before I put your head through it!?'' I screamed down the hall in anger. I was greeted with a chorus of laughter and jeers, closely followed by a shoe flying towards me from the Wreck room, narrowly missing my head. More laughter followed. I felt my brain begin to boil as I scooped up the trainer and marched into the disgustingly shabby common room. There, with PlayStation controllers in their hands, sat the causes of my misery; the twelve year old twins, Mark and Jack, fourteen year old Gary, eight year old Jeffrey and last but not least, my arch rival and worst enemy, Jordan Eckes. Not caring who my target was, I hurled the stinky sneaker as hard as I could towards the boys, managing to get a satisfactory hit on Gary's forehead. He yelled out in pain

''Turn that shit down! I can't concentrate with you lot fucking about on the PlayStation!'' I moaned at them.

The boys just laughed at me and told me to 'Piss off' before resuming their game. I took a deep breath, trying my hardest to resist the temptation of ripping all their hair out. Instead, I carefully made my way over to the TV screen, and pushed the power button, silencing the TV. I smiled sweetly at them. My small action had the same effect of an earthquake. The room suddenly erupted into shouts and screams, and suddenly I was up against a wall, with two strong knuckles wrapped around my hoody. ''why the fuck did you do that, Jardine?'' hissed Jordan in anger. I gagged at the stench of pickled onion crisps coming from his mouth. Eww! I pushed Jordan off me (which was not hard to do because he was a thin, scrawny bastard) and stared up at him. God, sometimes it was so inconvenient being a short ass! Especially when your enemy was at least a foot taller than you. ''You fucking touch me again, and I'll make you sure you'll never be able to have kids'' I growled at him.

''If you want to keep that nose of yours straight, I suggest you don't turn off our game'' replied Jordan venomously. The other boys had backed away from me so now it was just me and Jordan, standing in the small space in-between the sofa and the TV. The other boy's knew this was our battle, and interfering would be worse off for them. I laughed at him cruelly; ''you know that if Elaine finds out you've been hitting girls again, you'll be transferred to another home. So I suggest you turn that that TV down or off before I accidently, I don't know, kick it'' As I said that I fake kicked in the direction on the Play Station, making Jordan twitch nervously. I grinned. I loved manipulating the boys that way, making them all nervous and sweaty.

As the sound of approaching footsteps and heavy breathing was heard, I swore silently under my breath. It was probably Elaine, my pathetic excuse of a care worker, coming to check on us. God, I hated that woman so much. She is all like 'Oh Tay, I wish you would just let me help you. I know that you are angry and upset at the world, I would be too, but that doesn't mean you just throw your whole life away. You still have a chance to become a great contribution to society, if you just behaved yourself,' when in actual fact, she doesn't give a flying fuck what happens to me. I know for a fact that I am just a burden to her. A rebellious seventeen year old who has trust issues, attitude problems, behavioural problems and is virtually impossible to rehome. Yup, that's me. What kind of retarded care worker would want to take that on? The answer is none. Elaine basically just signs paperwork about me and stays out of my way as much as she can, only summoning me to her office once a month for a 'compulsory' social worker/ kid in care meeting to discuss my progress, any problems I've been having etc etc.

Every month, I get the same prep talk as the last time. About how I have 'so much potential to achieve a successful life' and that 'being so closed to the world is not helping me' and how I need to 'open up about my feelings and let other people know what is really going on beneath that angry exterior'. Sometimes I would sit impatiently on the uncomfortable yellow seat, twiddling my thumbs, not even pretending to listen. Other times I would wander around Elaine's shitty little office as she was talking, flicking the various bobble heads positioned around her room, occasionally interrupting her to point out how I didn't give a shit about what she had to say. Sometimes I would stay for the whole hour required. Other times I would storm out halfway through the meeting in a bubble of frustration, rage and annoyance, occasionally shouting profanities at her as I marched back into my bedroom.